The Plant Operations / Facilities Director is responsible for overseeing the care and maintenance of all aspects of the physical plant; the hiring, training and supervising of all plant personnel; the coordinating of life safety transportation and landscaping programs; and the procuring of supplies, material, and equipment.
A few of the duties required for the role:
- Hires, educates, coaches all maintenance and transportation team members
- Responsible for performance management and results of department including but not limited to employee engagement and resident satisfaction.
- Demonstrates professionalism, strong communication skills and serves as liaison to residents, family members, government agencies, contractors, architects, and various vendors.
- Promotes STAR Core Values and Community Safety initiatives
- Responsible for being on-call 24/7 and responding to emergencies
- Supervises the performance of landscaping, maintenance, and safety personnel through inspections and other quality assurance procedures.
- Delegates authority to staff for task details to facilitate a smooth flow of materials and services.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Hands on Plant Operations / Maintenance Experience
- Establishes routine and preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment and buildings.
- Maintains the operation of emergency medical and power generating equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises painting and refurbishing efforts as needed across the community.
- Maintains the fire and life safety equipment in the Community.
- Implements established emergency policies and procedures.
- Coordinates work of the department with other departments.
- Advises and consults with the Executive Director on maintenance and repair needs concerning the building, equipment, and grounds.
- Inspects all equipment and systems regularly for proper functioning and safety. Inspects buildings and grounds regularly for compliance with local codes, ordinances and safety regulations.
- Participates in the research, preparation, and writing of department budget; and operates the department within budget guidelines. Completes monthly variance reports timely.
- Manages and issues compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies including but not limited to Dept. of Social Services, CDPH, OSHA, CMS, local and State Fire Marshall, OSHPD, NFPA, etc.
- Monitors Infection Control Guidelines within the department.
- Prepares and maintains required records, reports, analyses and studies.
- Responsible for oversight of skilled nursing maintenance and life safety/maintenance program.
Financial Management - Budgeting Experience
- Maintains accurate inventory system and reports to accounting director quarterly or as needed
- Coordinates and provides oversight/leadership to Community Capital projects
- Thorough knowledge of plant operations and engineering. Bachelor degree in engineering or related field preferred
- Experience with construction and working with subcontractors preferred
- 7-10 years hands on experience in plant engineering and/or trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, refrigeration, ground maintenance, masonry and maintenance
- 5 years budgeting accountability
- 5 years of mid-level management experience
- State & Federal regulations, Title 22, and NFPA 101: Life Safety Code knowledge required
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a passion for providing excellent customer service
Apply online here at https://www.stoneridgecreek.com/careers/