Plastics/Polymer Analytical Chemist
Title: Plastics/Polymer Analytical Chemist
Company: Nylon Corporation of America
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Plastics/Polymer Analytical Chemist – NYCOA has an immediate opening for a bright, proactive Plastics/Polymer Analytical Chemist to join their team in Manchester, New Hampshire. This individual will play an instrumental role in maintaining and growing NYCOA’s analytical testing capabilities, expanding both equipment and methodology. The team member will also support the equipment and methodologies underlying NYCOA’s quality assurance and quality control processes, including NYCOA’s ISO 9001 certification. With these contributions, the Plastics/Polymer Analytical Chemist will support NYCOA’s development and commercialization of specialty Nylon Products.
This role will work primarily with NYCOA’s R&D department with needs related to testing new nylon materials, developing new testing methods for product development, and supporting the expansion of lab space. The individual will also strategically support the quality department in their ongoing analytical work. Plastics/Polymer Analytical Chemist reports to the VP of Research and Development.
- Maintain, utilize, and expand NYCOA testing equipment, including the performance and development of tests and equipment used in R&D and quality departments at NYCOA.
- Become subject matter expert on current and future lab testing methodology, including qualifying new equipment and bringing it online; developing and validating new testing methods at NYCOA; and maintaining and directing equipment improvement.
- Provide strategic support to the NYCOA Quality department, including team member support and training, calibrations, customer complaint tracking, and corrective actions.
- Participate in new product development to ensure proper quality assurance and quality control plans are incorporated and can be implemented in the commercialization of new products.
- Support NYCOA sales team and business development with testing capabilities, both through internal development and contracting outside lab resources.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Chemistry, Plastics Engineering, or Chemical Engineering required. Master’s education in the same subjects is preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant plastics experience in analytical chemistry, engineering, or related field of plastics preferred.
- Nylon experience preferred.
- Experience in assay and protocol development and implementation is preferred.
- Inquisitive nature for technical challengers (not afraid to ask “why”).
- Self-starter with a goal-focused nature, including the ability to work independently & manage time to meet project goals.
- Comfortable working in a chemical/manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer, written, & oral communication skills.
- High ethical standards: inter-personal, financial, and environmental awareness.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
SCHEDULE: This is a full time, salaried position that starts immediately.
TRAVEL: Low (Less than 25%)Minimal travel is expected, and would only be needed to support analytical development, review of third-party testing, or education on advanced analytical / chemical procedures and technologies.
REMOTE/LOCAL: Facility located in Manchester, NH. Local required.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: Competitive salary, commensurate with knowledge and experience of specialty polymers, engineered nylon, and application experience.
NYCOA offers an excellent benefits package after 90 days of employment, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays and sick time, and eligibility for 401 K after 6 months.
APPLY ONLINE below.
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
About NYCOA: With over 50 years of specialty nylon polymerization and manufacturing experience, NYCOA is committed to providing world-class quality products, product development assistance, technical support, and superior service to each and every customer. NYCOA’s mission is to be the best in providing specialty Nylon solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Our team will create value through a commitment to quality, continuous improvement, customer focus and innovation. Come join our team!
NYCOA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.