City of Kentwood
The City of Kentwood Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time Police Cadet position.
The Police Cadets responsibilities include the following:
- Assisting citizens at the front desk.
- Assisting clerical staff with their job duties including answering phones and maintaining departmental records.
- Assisting the sworn personnel as requested.
- Performing non-sworn duties as directed by supervisors and/or Chief of Police.
- Eligible for College Tuition Reimbursement
- Complete college internship program with Kentwood Police
- Cadet mentorship program
Qualified applicants will have the following:
- Must be 18 years old by July 1, 2021
- Enrolled as a full time student (12 or more credit hours)
- Enrolled in a Criminal Justice or similar program
- Successful completion of Background Investigation
- Able to work 20 hours per week between the hours of 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Summers are 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:00AM - 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
The starting pay rate is $13.00 per hour. The pay rate increases to $13.50 per hour after successful completion of probation (6 months). Please see full job description for more details.
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Officer Ryan Smith at
firstname.lastname@example.org by calling (616) 656-6685.