City of Branson
POSITION SUMMARY: A Police Officer I is the entry-level P.O.S.T. certified law enforcement officer position with the City of Branson. The work of this position consists of patrolling City streets, enforcing laws, and responding to emergency calls within an assigned district of the City to help ensure and maintain a safe environment for citizens, visitors and businesses in accordance with Departmental standards. This position is subject to various working environments and may be assigned to shift work that can include weekends and holidays based on the Department's 24/7/365 operation. This position is also subject to emergency call-in. The incumbent in this role works under supervision and reports directly to a Police Sergeant, and indirectly to a Police Lieutenant, the Assistant Police Chief and the Police Chief.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
WORK HOURS: This position will require shift work as it is necessary to have operations 24 hours a day/7 days a week
BENEFITS: Please click on this link for benefits information.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Please click on this link for the full job description.
MINIMUM REQUIRED JOB EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the start of employment.
- Successful completion of a Certified Law Enforcement Academy required
- Two years of experience in a similar or larger sized agency is preferred and starting pay could be considered higher to reflect such experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Missouri P.O.S.T. Certificate as a condition of employment. Those candidates with certifications from other states will be allowed 30 days to receive P.O.S.T. Certification in the state of Missouri after the offer of employment is made.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/40 and pass the Ishihara color vision test and/or be able to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing red, green and amber
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol screenings, a background investigation, polygraph, psychological, and medical/physical examinations.
- Must possess no felony convictions at any time while employed by the City of Branson, and may not have any serious misdemeanor convictions within the past 5 years.
- No offensive tattoos or brands; i.e. depicting or supporting criminal behavior, drug usage, nudity, profanity, promiscuity, subversive groups, bigotry, etc.
- No tattoo or brand may be visible above the collarbone or below the wrist, except as noted in City and Departmental policies.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Missouri Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.