Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine
West Virginia University Research Corporation
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Biochemistry (https://medicine.hsc.wvu.edu/biochemistry/). This NIH funded position will closely interact with the principal investigator (PI) and work on research focused on investigating the mechanistic roles of protein machinery involved in protein degradation (e.g. proteasome) using various in vitro and in vivo methods (e.g. mechanistic enzymology, cell culture & C. elegans). This NIH funded research, has applications to fundamental cell biology, cancer, and neurodegenerative disease. The selected candidate will join a highly productive and active research laboratory. (http://bit.ly/2M8Wg1k)
Qualified individuals will need to demonstrate their capacity and potential for research productivity as evidenced by their training and published peer-reviewed publications. Candidates who have experience with determining mechanisms of protein function and/or experience with C. elegans are particularly encouraged to apply.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Design and conduct experiments rigorously and independently.
- Possess demonstrated ability to contribute to peer-reviewed journals.
- Have strong scientific writing skills.
- Assist in mentoring junior lab members.
- Possess demonstrated ability to work effectively with others.
- Excel in time and workload management skills.
- Possess motivation to conduct interdisciplinary wet lab research.
- Ph.D. in a biomedical program (e.g. biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, pharmacology, structural biology, biophysics, etc.) is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in enzymology, protein purification, and cell culture are desired.
- Basic biomedical wet lab skills are necessary (e.g. PAGE, western blotting, PCR, site directed mutagenesis, protein expression and purification).
- Knowledge of cell culture, general biochemistry, and cell biology is important.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Electronic submission of application with curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references are required.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.