As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Our partner recognizes the need for innovative care and utilizes Research & Development to further knowledge in Oncology, Neuroscience, Rare Diseases, and Gastroenterology. As a company that brings in over $30 billion in annual revenue, they have established themselves as a biopharmaceutical powerhouse that is changing the world. If you're looking for a position where your work will benefit millions of people, we are waiting for you!
location: Lexington, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 53.90 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
- Establish, optimize and maintain the membrane protein characterization workflow using the available resources and apply the workflow to different cell therapy products.
- Design and execute proteomics experiments from sample preparation, LC-MS/MS operation to data analysis & interpretation.
- Keep accurate and complete records of all scientific experiments according to established procedures and ensure that these records and raw data are properly retained.
- Review study results and write proteomics report and other documents as needed.
- Present project updates to the group, department and project teams.
- Prepare oral or poster presentation in scientific conference and publish study approaches/applications in scientific journal if possible.
- Evaluate and bring in new technology platform.
- Take responsibility in instrument/system routine maintenance and troubleshooting of Q Exactive Plus mass spectrometer as well as nano-UPLC systems.
- A Ph.D. in biochemistry, analytical chemistry or related area with relevant research experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in biological sample preparation and LC/MS based proteomics.
- Comprehensive understanding of protein biochemistry and molecular biology is highly desired.
- Extensive experience in protein isolation and purification from cells and other biological samples.
- High level of proficiency in quantitative proteomics techniques (e.g. label free, iTRAQ/TMT, SILAC) and peptide fragmentation methods.
- Solid background and broad hands-on experiences with at least one of the Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers: Q Exactive, Plus, HF, HF-X or more advanced models. Direct experience with UHPLC/nano-HPLC instrumentation is a must.
- Proficiency in software tools such as Xcalibur, MaxQuant, Mascot, Proteome Discoverer, Biopharma Finder and Skyline.
- Experience with downstream data analytics (multi-dimensional data mining, high dimensional data analysis) is a big plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to conduct multiple laboratory and project tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- General lab competencies such as equipment maintenance and compliance activities
skills: Analytical Chemistry, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We've never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we've expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company's history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.