Pre-Sales Engineer (Remote Friendly)
Pre-Sales Engineer (Utility Software)
Survalent Technology is seeking an experienced and confident Pre-Sales Engineer with a strong affinity for sales and technology. The Pre-sales Engineer will work in concert with our sales team in order to determine the right technology solution for prospects and customers. This is an exciting opportunity to bridge technical experience with sales skills to identify and analyze customer needs and provide functional solutions to the North American customer base. If this sounds like the right role for you, please read on to learn more about the position.
- Preparing product and solutions presentations involving a combination of technologies
- Delivering solutions and value presentations to a mixed audience of technical, management staff, and business users
- Deliver Roadmap presentations on product direction and industry trends
- Assisting in technical and functional RFI/RFPs and other client requests for written responses
- Brainstorming sessions with customers and prospects on using various Survalent technologies in combination with industry solutions to solve real-world problems.
- High-level executive presentations will be required therefore proficiency in concisely delivering deeply technical solutions to non-technical executives are required.
- Contributing to account planning and sales strategy development with corresponding Field personnel.
- Acting as a company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
- Maintain and manage demonstration images of all Survalent solutions.
- Handle all escalation of technical issues reported by customers to Sales
- Organizing and conducting Proof of Concept evaluations and Pilot projects.
- Upon request from the sales teams, travel to the current and potential customer’s sites to support Survalent’s sales efforts
- Assist sales in the communication of pre-sales specifications to the order entry or implementation teams once contracts have been awarded
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration
- Experience with Survalent’s SCADA, OMS, and DMS applications
- Five years of industry experience, including two or more years in sales engineering role
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Must be able to travel
This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Director of Sales Operation. We will provide the successful incumbent with the training required. If you are interested in joining a growing organization, please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Survalent Technology Corporation is the leading provider of real-time smart grid management system for enabling visualization, optimization and improved operations for utilities. For six decades, we have helped more than 650 utilities use operational data to increase reliability, efficiency and customer service. With our proven and reliable SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), Distribution Management System (DMS), Outage Management System (OMS), and Substation Automation (SA) solutions, utilities transform data into actionable intelligence. We partner with utilities across the globe to create mission critical solutions that will achieve the promise of the Smart Grid.
Survalent values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of all races, color, creed, ancestry, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, marital status, family status, and those with disabilities to apply. Survalent is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.