Wesley Village is currently hiring a Prep Cook for a Part-Time Weekdays (5:30a-2p) and Every Other Weekend opportunity.
United Methodist Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
What will I do?
- Prepares food and baked goods using proper cooking/baking procedures
- Maintains quality of prepared food and baked goods
- Ensures compliance with sanitation
- Participates on designated committees and meetings
- Participates in menu planning
- Follow established policies and procedures
- Follow HACCP standards and procedures
- Assists with inventory and stockroom organization which may require lifting
- Training new employees
What do I need for this role?
Preferably 2-3 years of experience in a long term care or continuing care situation or experience in food production or service.
- Ability to read, and interpret common recipe and production reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, resident and/or family members, or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, residents and/or family members.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
Use hands to handle, or feel
Use fine and gross motor skills
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What makes Wesley Village and United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have two PA locations in Pittston and Tunkhannock as well as 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area - all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Employee referral incentive