Location and Job Title:
Preschool TeacherPrincipal Responsibilities:
Martin Pear JCC in the Valley of the Sun
12701 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Reports to: Assistant Director and Director of VOSJCC ECE Center
The Preschool Teacher role provides developmentally appropriate, engaging and child focused early childhood learning experiences and activities to support children's school readiness. Using child data to inform lesson planning and goal setting, the Preschool Teacher will collaboratively plan with center team members for daily classroom experiences that support each child's individual educational, and emotional needs. The Preschool Teacher role is vital in impacting Family Engagement activities for the classroom by providing communication between the classroom and the family; building a strong connection that supports the child's development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides high quality services to children and families of the VOSJCC within the Early Childhood Center Core Values, Policies and Procedures and Jewish Lenses from the Sheva Center of JCC Association.
- Effectively collaborates with team members including leadership, specialists, coaches and classroom colleagues to provide quality services to children and families in accordance with the NAYEC Code of Ethics, VOSJCC Early Childhood Center Core Values, Policies and Procedures and Jewish lenses. The Jewish lens of Covenant. (".... A covenant relationship enables us to partner with others in pursuit of shared vision, to grow, to risk and to communicate with honesty.").
- Plans, provides and facilitates with co-teacher engaging and developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children based on children's interests and goals in a weekly lesson plan with goals for children included
- Develops children's goals with co-teacher based on the Arizona Early Learning Standards and through classroom observations; using data collected to inform classroom activities, experiences and supports for children.
- Promotes healthy and safe habits for children through role modeling healthy habits such as handwashing, daily health checks, allergy awareness, attendance sheet completion, zoning, food handling, diapering with children and other requirements that meet Arizona Licensing Standards, VOSJCC Early Childhood Center Core Values, Policies and Procedures and Jewish lenses
- Promotes and develops strong family engagement that values a family's history, story and culture and partners with them to support children's learning in the classroom.
- Provides communication on progress of children's goals through portfolios and individual, personal family interactions while supporting assistant teacher with newsletters and Kaymbu entries.
- Provides nurturing environments that support social emotional learning through implementation of Conscious Discipline techniques
- Uses positive classroom management techniques that align with VOSJCC-Early Childhood Center's core values, policies and procedures and Conscious Discipline
- Creates a high quality, safe and interactive classroom environment that support children's learning, and independence.
- Participates in special activities provided by Valley of the Sun Early Childhood Center including specials and events in classrooms
- Completes administrative tasks in a timely manner that does not affect engagement with children and families
- Education level: B.A/B.S. or higher degree. Preferably in Early Education or related field
- Experience: experience with children three to five, classroom experience preferred
- Specific skills: Ability to Multi-task, Effective Communication, Collaborative Approach, Problem Solver, Organized and able to complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Personal characteristics: Flexibility, Patience, Punctuality
- Certifications: CPR preferred
- Licenses: None
- Physical abilities: Able to lift 30+ lbs., Able to move up and down with children
25,000 - 35,000Agency Information:
The Martin Pear JCC in the Valley of the Sun is an all-inclusive community - from the programs offered, to the people served - The J is a place where everyone is welcome. We have a variety of programs to pique your interest and to engage mind and bodies, from infants to seniors. No matter your fitness goals, The J can help you reach them. We have the equipment, classes and trainers to help you achieve total body health through a variety of fitness and wellness programs. We are not just about fitness. We have programs and services for all ages, interests and abilities. Our Bob Gottschalk Youth & Camp Wing provides a fun and safe environment for youth, including our Club J after school program and new Teen Lounge. For our youngest members, we have our outstanding accredited Early Childhood Center preschool program. The J is your place for gathering your family, meeting old friends, making new friends and for trying something new.