Childrens Lighthouse of Murrieta
$14 / Per Hour
11 days ago
- At least 18 years of age
- Has completed 12 ECE (Early Childhood Education) Units
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Has 1-year minimum experience in the specified age group
- Knowledge and understanding of all current State and Local regulations.
II. Physical Demands
- Will frequently lift as in lifting, carrying, walking with, and holding infants and children.
- Required to stand up to 90% of the day.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and sit on a child’s level.
- Able to physically and mentally interact and react to children on the playground and/or in the classroom and attend to their needs.
III. Classroom Environment:
- Provide a positive and nurturing environment for the children.
- Responsible for health and safety of the children – not excessive accidents
- Consistently keep clean and maintain the classroom areas (including bathrooms)
- Maintains and effective room arrangement- permanent, no running spaces, shelves used as dividers, Material at child level (approved by Management)
- Maintain Learning wall, Parent board, and Teacher board
- Children's art (and Curriculum worksheets) displayed
- Equipment out and children taught to use it properly
- Follows class schedule
- Provides consistent and constant supervision of all children. Children never left alone. Know how many children you are responsible for at all times and who they are.
- Shelves have toys and manipulatives attractively displayed and labeled
- Classroom materials enriched with teacher-made items.
- Lesson plans completed on time, consistently, posted, supply list turned in
- Lesson plans reflect the current curriculum and Character Value
- Consistent planning and effective use of transitions including hallway transitions
- Circle time, story time and music planned and carried through
- An organized and structured daily schedule is implemented daily.
V. Teaching Skills
- Enjoys children and expresses genuine interest in them
- Speaks with a calm, gentle voice
- Listens carefully and respectfully
- Teaches children to problem solve
- Utilizes teachable moments
- Must be able to focus on an individual while being aware of what is happening everywhere
- Uses positive statements, is positive role-model
- Interacts consistently with children
- Must be able to maintain an orderly, calm environment
- Supports cultural differences
- Ability to move from one activity to another without chaos
- Maintains positive parent interaction
- The teacher encourages positive behavior, often getting down to the child’s level)
- Teaches and allows children to make choices
- Uses Redirection
VI. General Areas
- Completed and submits all records as required, including timesheets, attendance sheets, incident reports, and any other required materials.
- Supports all Children's Lighthouse policies and procedures as stated in manuals, handbooks, and official memos.
- Has energy level to do the job
- Good role model including attendance, dress code, attitude
- Does not participate in gossip
- Open to change - Flexible and able to adapt
- Team member providing support to other staff
- Participates in extra-curricular activities of the center
- Consistently attends teacher training hours as required by state
- Attends staff meetings
- Evidence of interest in self-development and professional growth
- Evidence of emotional maturity and stability
- Evidence of sufficient security and judgment to handle crisis situations and to use supervision constructively.
- Able and willing to accept direction, feedback, and evaluation.
- Completes additional miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Maintains and inventory Curriculum materials (teacher enrichment, learning games, flash cards, language development cards, teacher’s manual, etc)
- Train the Assistant teacher to multi-task and how to teach the curriculum
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour