Denali Advanced Integration
Summary of Position:
The Principal Architect is responsible for leading projects, understanding requirements, defining appropriate solutions, and providing estimates for the usage of hours and cost of intended solutions. This role works with different teams to ensure that the solution balances both appropriate expectations and quality execution.
- Foster relationships with senior leaders at key industry customers and partners, to better understand their business and technical challenges and needs around digital transformation
- Create accurate detailed diagrams and design documents intended for a proposed product solution
- Defines architecture that optimizes for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability within the domain
- Partners with dependent domain architects to ensure the architecture is aligned with upstream and downstream systems
- Develop proof of concepts and technical solutions
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in systems and procedures across the organization as well as design and recommendation on new solutions in software design
- Develop Technical Architecture and present solutions to the team(s)
- Develop best practice definitions
- Translate business requirements into design / applicable Product Solution
- Critically reviews the work of other team members
- Provide status reports on a project to update progress and outstanding issues
- Drive project reporting/status from Architects and Engineers
- Drives delivery of assigned tasks on schedule
- Expands knowledge of target industry solutions
- Leads and participates in project teams
- Promotes and utilizes the use of best practices, project management, and tools to team(s)
- Works independently to verify and/or develop an alternative solution or reference design for customer solution
- Create supporting documentation and diagrams as a requirement of the project lifecycle
- Ensures Accountability
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Plans and Prioritizes
- Decision Quality
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine, and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
5+ years of experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems, and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence
- Expertise in enterprise technologies including networking, data center, security, collaboration, mobility, automation, cloud, applications, and operations
- Experience as an architect supporting IoT and Cloud development
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud technologies, Azure dev, and DevOps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal direction and under limited supervision
- Has demonstrated teamwork skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing requirements and timelines
- Must embrace a culture of continuous improvement and should demonstrate experience in championing change
- Has advanced/subject matter expert understanding of tools in multiple deployment types and scales
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for customer success in projects, support, and advocacy
- Demonstrates industry-leading subject matter expertise including but not limited to certifications, publications, public speaking, technical leadership, and advisory boards
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Company
Denali Advanced Integration
Denali Advanced Integration delivers Enterprise IT solutions and services globally. Powered by strategic experts and best of breed technologies, Denali helps guide our clients through the most complex IT challenges. For more than 25 years, Denali has been among the most trusted and prominent technology providers in North America. We’re a customer-focused, family-owned IT company with a workforce of more than 400 employees who are passionate about exceeding expectations at every engagement. We make giving back to the community a priority through of a variety of philanthropic initiatives and treat everyone like family – our customers, partners and team members. Exceptional Enterprise IT, Delivered.
Denali Advanced Integration delivers Enterprise IT solutions and services, powered by strategic experts and best of breed technologies to help guide our clients through the most complex IT challenges. We’re your strategic Enterprise IT partner.