Principal ASIC Designer Engineer
Carlsbad, CA, US
13 days ago
- MaxLinear is seeking a Principal ASIC Design Engineer to join our growing team. You will be responsible to lead and execute projects, define customer-specific product definition, and deliver our IP. This role is hands-on and encompasses architecture to implementation, including verification, testing, and documentation. The subsystems include Ethernet, DSP functions, CPU subsystems and peripheral interfaces. In this role, you will focus on the following:
- Design and verification of Ethernet / communications / digital signal processing (DSP) SOCs
- Create verification specifications and plans, defining block and top level testbenches and executing to plans with simulation
- Work with algorithm developers to architect customer solutions
- Hands-on implementation of IP for customer projects
- Work with IP testing and verification engineers
- Strong system Verilog coding skills
- Understanding of ASIC design and hands on RTL coding skills
- Experience with high speed and network interfaces (e.g. SERDES, GigE, 10GE, etc.)
- Expertise in Ethernet mac and IP transport
- SOC architectures and knowledge of CPU
- Experience with large scale SOC with advanced process node (e.g. 40nm, 28nm CMOS) top level integration of functional blocks, IO, DFT and analog macros
- SOC architectures, high speed interconnect buses such as AHB, APB and interfaces such as Serdes, I2C, PCIE, SPI, MPEG transport, Ethernet
- Experience in creating and maintaining block level testbenches and converting them for top level usage
- Experience in random and directed test methods, coverage analysis (code coverage and functional coverage) and scoreboarding
- Previously developed packet based testbench using UVM verification methodology
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Ethernet packets, mpeg transport packets and time synchronization
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related + 8 years of experience, or MS + 6 years of experience, or Ph.D. + 3 years of experience
- MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, striving to improve the world’s communication networks for everyone through our highly integrated radio-frequency (RF), analog, digital, and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for access and connectivity, wired and wireless infrastructure, and industrial and multi-market applications.
- We hire the best people in the industry and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities that connect the world we live in today. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
- MaxLinear began by developing the world’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high-performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products that drive 4G and 5G infrastructure; enable data center, metro and long-haul optical interconnects; bring 10Gbit to the home; power the IoT revolution; and enable robust and reliable communication in harsh industrial environments. Over the years, we’ve expanded through organic growth and through several acquisitions that have perfectly complemented our existing portfolio and enabled us to deliver complete end-to-end solutions in our target markets. One such example was the acquisition of Intel’s Home Gateway Platform Division that added Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Broadband Gateway Processor SoC technology to our connected home portfolio creating a complete and scalable platform of connectivity and access solutions to fully address our customers’ needs.
- Our headquarters are in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, California; Waltham, Massachusetts; Vancouver, Canada; Valencia, Spain; Bangalore, India; Villach, Austria; Munich, Germany; Israel; and Singapore.
- We have approximately 1,500 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our employees thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building the best and most innovative products on the market.