Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), weâ€™re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, weâ€™re driving excellence and improving outcomes. Weâ€™re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccinesâ€™ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.Job Description:
The Biostatistics Service, a group of 45 doctoral and MS-level biostatisticians, is seeking highly motivated and successful doctoral-level individuals to join them as a Principal Biostatistician.
- Participate in collaborative research between the Biostatistics Service and one or more of the clinical, translational, or basic science groups in the institution.
- Support clinical collaborators in the design of studies, analysis of data, and interpretation and communication of results.
- Act as either the lead statistician for a project or, depending on the nature of the project, collaborate with a team of biostatisticians.
- A doctoral degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field.
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language (such as SAS, Stata, or R).
- Experience with collaborative research (including creating and maintaining data files, analyzing data, interpreting results, and manuscript writing).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to statistical collaborations with medical and basic science investigators.
- The ability to manage multiple projects, collaborations, and deadlines.
The department offers exciting opportunities for growth and development at all levels. The position is located in the heart of Manhattan, a vibrant, multi-cultural city that is home to world-class restaurants, museums, and theater. MSKCC offers comprehensive benefits for individuals and family members. Applicants with any level of experience are invited to apply.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.