Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States, UT
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build - In partnership with biologists, data scientists and others you will build projects across therapeutic models designed to translate phenotypic screening hits to preclinical assets with quality and speed.
- Lead - As we continue to grow, you will be part of a nimble, highly efficient chemistry team. You will lead cross-functional drug discovery projects and medicinal chemistry efforts.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with biologists, chemists, data scientists, and engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
- Communicate - Independently prepare impactful presentations for senior leaders and partners to allow for making informed data-based decisions
- Achieve - Understand the critical path and provide high-quality results.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Director of Chemistry as a Principal Scientist, you will be a leader within the discovery organization partnering with others to build and advance the portfolio of preclinical small molecule NCE and repurposed assets. You will use your depth and breadth of understanding of the preclinical discovery process to help build efficient operating plans to capitalize on Recursion’s AI-enabled high throughput phenotypic screening platform. You will work in a highly matrixed organization to advance molecules from hit identification to lead series and ultimately to candidate status. Your skills will be of high value as you work cross functionally internally, with external stakeholders and contract chemistry FTEs.
The Experience You’ll Need
- PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry.
- 8+ years pharma experience in medicinal chemistry drug discovery with a strong record of productivity as demonstrated by publications/patents.
- Expertise in synthetic organic chemistry (experience working with CROs a plus).
- Chemistry team leadership experience advancing hits to leads and candidate status.
- A thorough understanding of drug design principles, DMPK, tox, etc.
- Experience mentoring other chemists and cross functional partners.