PRN Home Health Registered Nurse
VNC Home Health Agency
Are you ready for an impactful career that enables you to work independently and create your own flexible schedule? Whether you work full-time, part-time, or simply want to earn extra cash, at VNC, you have the freedom to work as little or as much as you'd like. We assign cases that are close to home or near your full-time or part-time job. Apply today!
Home Health Registered Nurse Job Summary:
A Home Health Registered Nurse administers one-on-one skilled nursing care on an intermittent basis to patients in their place of residence. Care is administered in accordance with physician orders and a coordinated plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
Home Health Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality care in the home by developing a plan of care in collaboration with the patient/caregiver, the patient's physicians and other care disciplines
- Follow disease management processes and established protocols to ensure the goals determined in the plan of care are met
- Educate patients and caregivers on the management of their illness to encourage compliance and prevent re-hospitalization
- Reassess patients to determine if plan of care needs have changed or if it may be appropriate to recommend other disciplines, advanced care planning, or hospice
- Organize daily schedule by assessing individual patient needs and priorities
- Documents assessments, summaries, and notes in EHR in a timely manner
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides
Home Health Nurse Qualifications:
- An active license as a Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania
- Bachelor's of Arts in Nursing
- Strong communication and organizational skills and high standard of ethics and compliance.
- Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing or higher preferred.
- A minimum of one year of recent, verifiable clinical (medical/surgical) experience.
- Prior home care experience strongly preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills: prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Ability to travel to cases as assigned.
- Ability to participate in physical activity, which may include extensive bending, lifting, and standing on a regular basis