PRN Physical Therapy Assistant
Cedars Healthcare Center
PRN PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
CommuniCare Rehab, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies has a PRN position available for a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) at CedarsHealthcare Center. Our therapists are in-house and members of the CommuniCare family.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment
- Helps clients improve their quality of life by helping them compensate for limitations, such as, helping injured workers improve their motor skills and re-enter the labor force, and teaching persons with learning disabilities live with increased independence to use public transportation and increase their mobility independence.
- Implements treatment plan through direct treatment and collaboration with Physical Therapist, education of treatment staff which includes fellow therapists and other members of team involved in the treatment plan.
- Receive necessary supervision from the Physical Therapist.
- Maintain professional growth and development, by participating in continuing education programs, and other approved learning experiences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical record, facility and rehab related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with facility procedures daily.
- Assist in leading interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meeting when appropriate.
- Complies with the documentation requirements of the rehab department and facility.
- Assist with staff/family training and education when appropriate by formal and informal in-services as well as consultations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Reviews and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer fulltime employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Physical therapist assistant (PTA) education, obtained in a CAPTE-accredited two-year associate degree program
- Agree to abide by the APTA Practice Standards/Code of Conduct
- Attain a passing score on the national licensure examination
- Holds a current state license/certification
- Competency in therapy treatment principles, techniques, materials and equipment utilization
- Knowledge of state and federal accreditation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to travel as necessary
COVID Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In conjunction with our pharmacy partners, we are currently offering free COVID vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your family, and your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no charge.