Process Development Engineer
Dallas, TX, US
30+ days ago
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Here’s your chance to work in a state-of-the-art 300mm analog wafer fab. In this role, you’ll work with our engineering team as a Process Integration engineer.
Responsibilities include: Delivering competitive advantage to TI through technology development, technology transfer, and continuous improvement of current manufacturing technologies.
Primary and Secondary Responsibilities:
* Across technology ownership for Back-End-of-Line (BEOL) interconnect/metallization.
* Ownership of technology parametric performance, Parametric Cpk improvements, parametric test dispositions, including root cause determination for scrap or outliers
* Participate in daily parametric disposition activity where parametric holds are reviewed and disposition actions taken.
* Product flow creation/review, including short flows to support process improvements/evaluations and development activity.
* Definition and evaluations of experiments to improve processes and parametric Cpk.
* Analyze and report results from experiments or studies (sameness analysis). Update or create Process Release Documents (PRD) and review them with subject matter experts from current fab and/or other sites.
* Create and manage Special Work Requests (SWR) for engineering lots including the experimental design, hold comments, automation considerations, resource coordination, and follow-up.
* Participate and periodically lead problem solving activities associated BEOL / Interconnect process loops.
* Plan and coordinate samples for failure analysis or additional electrical or bench testing.
* Participate in technical group meetings, Quarterly Outlier limit update reviews, Yield meetings, Technology Change control meetings, and periodic updates to leadership/management.
* Lead process development/integration activities in team, small group and one-on-one meetings.
* Cross functional team leadership to support the development, qualification, and manufacturing of advanced analog technologies.
* Interface and work with other teams and support members from operations, Analog Technology Development (ATD), Business Units, Quality, and other factories via WebEx, face-to-face visits, and phone calls.
* Support and participate in routine departmental activities like Office 5S, continuous improvement projects, human error reduction efforts, recognition programs, progress reports, and cross training.
BS in Physics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or similar and 5 years of industry experience
* Strong Understanding of semiconductor technology, semiconductor metallurgy, and interconnect/BEOL metallization systems.
* MS or PhD in Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering or similar, and semiconductor specific knowledge in solid state physics, applied physics, semiconductor device physics, or quantum mechanics and 5 years of industry experience
* Knowledge of solid state physics with strong materials science background
* Knowledge of semiconductor metallurgy (interconnect metallurgy)
* Demonstrated problem solving
* Drive to derive and implement solutions
* Good teamwork skills to work across all groups
* Good communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
* This engineer must be able to organize data and plan across various groups a
* Good communication and presentation skills are essential for success in this role
To be considered for this position, please apply.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required on your start date unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Job: Engineering - Product Dev
Primary Location: US-TX-Dallas
Work Locations: Dallas > North Campus - DMOS 6 Dallas
Req ID: 210002A3