Universal Alloy Corporation
Universal Alloy Corporation (UAC) is a global leader in the manufacture of aerospace products. UAC supplies aircraft manufacturers and their subcontractors worldwide and has served the aircraft industry for over four decades. UAC specializes in 2000- and 7000-series alloys and offers a full range of alloys and tempers that can be tailored to a customer’s particular application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercise and promote safety
- Develop, improve and help maintain process improvements
- Perform training on process improvements, statistical process control, lean manufacturing, dimensional, metallurgical and quality processes in general
- Review, conduct and initiate process improvement (Kaizen), internal quality and process audits and/or internal rejections or complaints and take appropriate actions
- Assist the Technical Quality Supervisor with training, directing and assessing the standard practices activities
- Assist with communicating the company goals to Quality personnel
- Provide training and process implementation leadership
- Assist the Quality/Metallurgical Manager as necessary for the maintenance of all process improvement, quality records and documents including Standard Practices, work instructions, internal and external audits, corrective and preventive actions
- Maintain customer specification and other documents related to quality and process improvements
- Create and update Operator Check Lists for each position within the specific mill
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Education: College Diploma and the ability to continue education
- Minimum Experience: Ideally 3 or more years in the quality field with 3 to 5 being in a position of leadership
- Certifications Required: Confined spaces certification; Crane certification; Fall protection certification; Forklift certification; Lean certification; Lock-out/Tag-out certification; Pallet jack certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership Skills: Promote safety as a core value; understand leadership role for Safety culture and that others will model their sentiment, attitudes and actions; understand the need to demonstrate a hyper level of safety conscientiousness and obsessiveness
- Project Skills: Able to coordinate projects and execute plans involving multiple personnel from various departments
- Maintenance Skills: Has a fair knowledge of standard tools and how to use them correctly and safely. Understands general maintenance terms.
- Decision-making Skills: Think in terms of what is best for the business and customer when making decisions that may affect areas outside of immediate influence
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization; able to resolve conflict with internal or external sources in the utmost professional manner
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to carry out and communicate written and/or oral instructions
- Physical Abilities: Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands; must be able to lift 50 pounds at any time during his/her shift; the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Schedule: 1st
All UAC employees must know and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries. Employee must understand the PPE and wear it properly.
Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
UAC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. UAC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources department at 770-479-7230.