Titanium Metals Corporation (TIMET) is one of the world’s largest fully integrated titanium producers and the only North American sponge producer. Since 1950, TIMET has been leading the industry in mill and melted products, supplying nearly one-fifth of the world’s titanium. We convert rutile ore into sponge; melt and refine ingot and slab; and manufacture mill products.
TIMET has a global network of service centers supported by its seven primary melting or mill facilities in Henderson, Nevada; Toronto, Ohio; Morgantown, Pennsylvania; Vallejo, California; Witton, England; Waunarlwydd, Wales; and Ugine, France.
With products ranging from sophisticated high temperature alloys used in jet engines, to advanced corrosion resistant alloys used in the chemical industry, TIMET’s reach spans the breadth of the titanium applications, and has the technical depth to support developments across a wide range of applications. TIMET’s fully integrated supply chain, dedicated research facilities, and decades of experience make us the partner of choice for titanium.
Job Summary: Performs engineering duties associated with control and improvement of the Electron Beam (EB), Plasma Melt (PAM), and Vacuum Arc Remelt (VAR) processes. Position will work closely with senior staff, manufacturing and quality personnel as well as external customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Provide quality support for EB, PAM, and VAR products including but not limited to melt releases, heat records, certification (release of product), and customer order reviews/approvals
- Implement/monitor Statistical Process Control for critical product parameters (i.e. chemistry, weight)
- Disposition non-conforming product and issue applicable corrective actions (CAR’s) and submit applicable nonconformance reports (NCR's) to customers.
- Initiate or support new melt process technologies
- Participate in continual improvement projects to minimize deviant/nonconforming product. Support or lead continuous improvement initiatives and teams
- Support or implement Management of Change (MOC) and Manufacturing Process Experiments (MPE) associated with melting
- Assist with customer complaints, audits, and corrective actions, involving investigation of quality problems
- Maintain quality documents including but not limited to procedures, forms, recipes, etc…
- Participate in internal audit program
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in engineering related field or technical equivalent
- 2 or more years’ industrial experience preferred.
- On-the-job training will be provided, but position requires a self-motivated individual.
- Familiarity with MS Office is required.
- Metals industry experience is a plus.
- Minitab or other statistical software experience is preferred.
- Strong background on industry specifications is a plus.
- Strong auditing background is a plus
This position requires use of information or access to production processes subject to national security controls under U.S. export control laws and regulations (including, but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)). To be qualified to work in this facility, a successful application must be a U.S. Person, as defined in those regulations, and able to supply evidence of that qualification prior to starting work. The U.S. export control regulations define a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), and certain categories of Political Asylees and Refugees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.