Magna International Inc.
The Magna Exteriors porfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightwight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.Job description:
Responsible for coordinating new program launches, setting up and / or revising manufacturing processes and assisting manufacturing in continuous process improvements and problem solving. Provides input on quotes for new programs for assigned area. Develops, monitors and manages advance quality planning issues (FMEA Control Plans, Timing Charts, Flow Charts, ISIRs).
- Required - B.S. degree in engineering discipline.
- Required - 1 year continuous work experience.
- Preferred - 2 years engineering experience in an automotive parts manufacturer.
- Preferred - Experience demonstrating an understanding of advanced SPC principles and application, problem solving, troubleshooting and a working knowledge of AutoCad.
- Must have good problem solving skills, good computer skills, good SPC and math skills.
- Must work well with others. Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must have ability to read and interpret part prints.
- In special circumstances, candidates who have not met the required education, but have substantial manufacturing work experience that is applicable to the job may be considered.
- Must be able to at least meet the physical demands as defined by the current production requirements and the job function evaluation.
- Manufacturing environment using normal PPE and safety precautions.
- Sets up manufacturing processes and designs work stations, tools and fixtures that are ergonomically correct.
- Develops and changes Autocad drawings.
- Coordinates and tracks the launch of new programs in the assigned areas.
- Monitors VID’s and determines and implements any process improvements based on data collected.
- Coordinates ISIR submissions.
- Develops in-process gauge specifications.
- Develops data required to submit customer quotes for new business.
- Represents Nascote at assembly plants for problem evaluation / resolution and during program launches.
- Sets up and archives data. Develops and modifies database for charting. Sets up specification data and limits for all assigned processes and performs ongoing maintenance of these specifications.
- Runs capability studies, monitors gauge and SPC data monthly. Reviews and investigates NCN’s, Deviation Requests, QA Notices, etc. for recommendations and corrections.
- Documents, formats and presents information for 8-D’s, AFE’s, CIP’s, etc. to Management.
- Must be competent in and utilize AIAG "Core Tools"
- Performs other tasks as assigned.