Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
FBN is rapidly expanding and we are excited to add an Category Manager to our growing Indirect Procurement team to focus on Facilities, MRO, Capital Equipment, etc.. A successful candidate will have experience sourcing in these categories, identifying & executing highly-value-added projects, be hard-working, highly ethical, process-driven and able to self-start and work with minimal oversight. This position operates in a fast-paced environment and must be able to effectively prioritize & execute projects that drive the most value for FBN.
This is an FBN-employee-facing and supplier-facing role where Procurement Life Cycle Management, project management, and timely and accurate communications with all parties is a must. You are joining a growing team and you will have the opportunity to bring best-practices and establish robust, scalable & repeatable processes to the Indirect Procurement function from the ground up.
- Define optimized, scalable & repeatable Procurement processes for Operational Indirect Procurement categories including Facilities, MRO, Capital Equipment, etc.
- Develop sourcing strategies in collaboration with key functions that meet or exceed business needs, and meet or exceed Procurement value targets for savings, cost avoidance, etc.
- Provide industry expertise and best practices to relevant business stakeholders
- Initiate, direct, conduct, and manage all activities related to negotiating, evaluating, selecting and executing supplier contracts.
- Analyze financials, forecast and anticipate changes in cost and availability for assigned categories.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and document required specifications and potential solutions
- Create robust contracts & establish preferred pricing with our key supplier partners in our largest spend categories
- Ensure the range of services and/or products has been sourced and negotiated at the lowest net price, at optimal quality, and on time, to maximize business value & meet stakeholder needs.
- Responsible for development and communication of strategy / tactical reports for categories.
- Execute, track & report Procurement value
What we require:
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, ideally supporting Operational Indirect Procurement categories (Facilities, MRO, and Capital Equipment)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Agriculture, or related field of study.
- Very organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and strategic alliances while motivating both internal teams and suppliers to meet strategic objectives.
- Convey a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations; persist despite obstacles and setbacks; achieve set goals and deadlines; work as a partner to the enterprise to promote efficiency.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Visio.
- Familiarity with G-Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Procurement Software experience: Source to Contract, SRM, & Data Analytics.
- Able to lead the Procurement Life Cycle Management process from start to finish with little oversight from management, and little-to-no tactical Procurement support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Adaptable to change and comfortable within a dynamic growing organization.