Woodruff-Sawyer is looking for a Producer (outside consultative sales professional) who is primarily responsible for generating new client revenue and developing strategies to attract and retain new and existing clients while building and handling an active pipeline of new business opportunities. In addition, the Producer works directly with other Producers, Practice Leaders, and teams to identify and implement strategies geared toward client acquisition and retention.
Who We Are:
As one of the largest insurance brokerage and consulting firms in the US, Woodruff Sawyer protects the people and assets of more than 4,000 companies. We provide specialist counsel and fierce advocacy to protect clients against their most critical risks in property & casualty, management liability, cyber liability, employee benefits, and personal wealth management. An active partner of Assurex Global and International Benefits Network, we provide expertise and customized solutions where clients need it, with headquarters in San Francisco, offices throughout the US, and global reach on six continents. We are the type of place where hardworking individuals can make a big impact. We are passionate about what we do for our clients and we’ve created an environment where our employees can grow and succeed both personally and professionally.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Meet or exceed set minimum production goals annually, tracking established revenue of new, lost and retained business against budget
- Collaborate with clients on internal strategy and value of Woodruff Sawyer’s offerings to meet clients’ critical initiatives
- Seek out opportunities pertaining to existing clients, including new business and cross-sell opportunities
- Develop compelling business solutions and strategies to attract prospects within a specific industry or product area
- Establish and maintain a list of target accounts and spheres of influence, developing a strategy for the sales efforts required to penetrate opportunities
- Assist in the development of products and services
- Develop and provide a strategic overview on accounts, working with the assigned service team to deliver on our service model, and engage as necessary in client details to achieve client retention targets
- Build and maintain C-suite or key decision-maker relationships
- Develop personal client “keep in touch” plan and keep clients informed of changes in the insurance industry
- Maintain specific industry/coverage/technical expertise and serve as a proactive resource on the team; ability to partner with other Producers
- Keep abreast of market changes, developing trends and maintain awareness of competition
- Participate in relative industry and trade association meetings and events
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 8 years of proven experience; demonstrated ability to resolve more sophisticated client issues.
- You have a demonstrable track record of meeting or surpassing established growth and profitability goals; proven success in selling and prospecting new business opportunities.
- You have excellent presentation skills in a sales environment.
- You have probably have a university degree but at least have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office.
- You excel at verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
Why Work Here:
- We have a solid reputation in our industry
- We are a growing company with roots dating back over 100 years
- We are employee owned and independently managed
- Our people are great at what they do, committed to getting things right and are generally fun to be around
- We are a great place to grow a career because we have a long track record and a demonstrable growth trajectory
- We offer the ability to have an ownership position in the company through our ESOP program
- We offer competitive pay and benefits