About the Company:
TheExactly Right podcast network provides a platform for bold, creative voices tobring to life provocative, entertaining and relatable stories for audienceseverywhere. Created by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, hosts of the hitpodcast “My Favorite Murder,” in partnership with podcast industry leaderStitcher, the Exactly Right roster of podcasts covers a variety of topics andvoices, serving the highly engaged listenership of “My Favorite Murder” andbeyond.
This role will serve as the producer for allelements of pre-production, production, and distribution of a true crime/comedypodcast. This includes managing and producing content for publication acrossall platforms, assisting with live streaming and in person events, managingpodcast related business, as well as overseeing all aspects of audioproduction.
This position reports directly to the VP ofProduction and Operations.
Job Duties Include:
- Manage the production for podcastrecordings, including scheduling, overseeing research contributors, recordingsessions, post-production, ad spots, publication and show promotion.
- Contribute fresh ideas to keep content andpromotions exciting and innovative, including suggestion of themes, stories,and content for upcoming episodes, social media and newsletters.
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner withpodcast hosts, senior level producers, editors and team leaders throughout theproduction process to help all stakeholders and projects meet their fullpotential.
- Oversee podcast team, including in-house andfreelance staff.
- Quality check episodes to ensure they meet networkstandards and pass legal clearances.
- Help with development and production of live events,video content, merchandising, branded integrations, and other derivativesassociated with the podcast, including creative briefs, recruiting producer andguest talent, and managing third party participant communication.
- Collaborate with internal teamsand third party partners, including project management, marketing, operations,legal, revenue and licensing.
- 5+ years experience as a producerrequired and 2-3 years experience working with podcasts or broadcastspreferred. Television and film experience is desired.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about podcasting, truecrime and comedy entertainment, with ideas for how to innovate and break themold.
- Deep and significant experience producing podcastsat a senior level.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- At least three years of experience working with highlevel talent.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail in afast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt content strategywithin digital formats and new technologies.
- Low ego, solutions-oriented person adept at managingmultiple stakeholders, cultural nuances and personalities, including celebritytalent.
- Excellent interpersonal andcommunication skills, ability to work under pressure, and an ease with peoplefrom different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Standard officeenvironment, currently working remotely
- Oftenrequired to work weekend and/or non-standard hours
- Minimaltravel may be required
- Generous medical, dental,vision, life benefits
- 401k match
- PTO, sick leave, paid holidays
Exactly Right Media, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer
This job description isdesigned to indicate the general nature and level of work performed byemployees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or beinterpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, andqualifications required of employees assigned to this job.