What you will do:
Improve existing product designs and create new concepts for commercial air distribution products using sound engineering principles and SolidWorks.
How you will do it:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create parts, assemblies, and drawings in SolidWorks modeling software including the use ofDriveWorks or VBA to automate the creation of SolidWorks files to document new product designs. This includes checking files in/out of SolidWorks PDM.
- Create drawings and BOM#39;s for missing or outdated product documentation.
- Respond to ECRrsquo;s by releasing drawing and modeling packages on schedule.
- Responsible for product design and engineering D3 Eng. deliverables.
- Learn and apply basic D3 principles.
- Ability to be project manager on simple or minor projects and simple or standard engineering changes (ECrsquo;s)
- Manages WR/EC Projects and Individual Activities at IEC and conduct IEC QC audits
- Answer basic questions about grille, register, and diffuser products (GRDrsquo;s) questions from manufacturing engineers at the production facilities.
- Answer basic questions about terminal unit products (TUrsquo;s) from manufacturing engineers at the production facilities.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Engineering and MRP Departments to streamline and lean out production standards and processes.
- Interface with manufacturing plants to ensure design specifications are maintained, eliminate waste, and recommend design adjustments and improvements.
- Create and monitor status reports and charts utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Initiate and supervise any required prototype and/or test model development.
- Test, evaluate and compare competitorrsquo;s products, materials, designs, performance andapplication.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised on new developmentsin technology, tooling, and resources.
- Generate technical reports, graphs, and marketing illustrations to define/illustrate systemperformance and operating characteristics.
- Follow and comply with company work and safety rules.
What we look for:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Strong attention to detail is essential to be successful as a Product Engineer. Must be able to creatively problem solve while using the materials and facts at hand. Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility to work on multiple projects and assignments is critical.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelorrsquo;s Degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace engineering from an accreditedfour-year College or University, and two to three years of hands on SolidWorks experience isrequired. Three to five years of hands on practical work experience in HVAC is required.Master#39;s Degree preferred. Experience with Autodesk Revit, VBA, Stage-Gate/Phase-Gate development processes, project management, DFMA, DFMEA, ANSYS CFD/FEA, sheet metal forming and fabrication, air movement principles, and fan/blower laws a plus.
- A candidate must possess the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, blueprints, construction documents, government regulations, and agency standards. They must also possess the ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions, effectively present information, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- A candidate must possess the ability to calculate values such as discounts, interest,commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, air flow, heat transfer,and sound power by applying concepts from algebra, geometry, statistics, trigonometry,differential equations, and physics.
- A candidate must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety ofconcrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. They must also beable to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency with MS Office products, and show proficiency with SolidWorks and automating designs within SolidWorks using DriveWorks or VBA. Experience with SolidWorks PDM and AS400 is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time to respective manufacturing locations toperform quality audits and follow up on the production of products.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit.use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employeeencounters while performing the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to movingmechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentialfunctions.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.Job
Bldg Technologies Solutions