Who We Are
In an increasingly complex world where people are starving for someone they can trust, we stand for something simple: always put the client first. We do well by doing good for those we serve. It s the ultimate measure. We believe in providing value beyond a doubt and in the notion that time will either expose you or promote you, based on your willingness to embrace change.
We serve financial advisors and investors through three entities, each headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska: Carson Wealth, Carson Coaching, and Carson Partners. We provide coaching and partnership services to advisor firms and straightforward financial advice to the investing public. We all share a common mission to be the most trusted in financial advice.
Who We Want
The Product Manager is responsible for full lifecycle product planning and execution for Carson. This is inclusive of gathering and prioritizing requirements for the platform, defining the vision for the products therein, and collaborating with stakeholders from internal business units in order to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met.
As a Product Manager, you'll influence the product strategy, roadmap, design, and lead cross-functional teams in developing high-impact solutions that meet core objectives in order to drive key results. This position will primarily focus on the development and socialization of a strategic roadmap and product plan for Salesforce. As Salesforce is the foundation for many other products within the Carson ecosystem, this role may oversee additional products as we grow our product offerings.
What To Expect
- Determines strategic direction, product vision, and defines roadmaps.
- Be able to conceptualize solutions that leverage current Salesforce solutions through the understanding of industry trends, internal business drivers, and client needs.
- Works with other Product Managers, technical teams, and business leaders to develop and communicate a product backlog and goals.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize initiatives, drive business value, foster collaboration between departments, and drive initiatives to completion through accountability.
- Owns the final prioritization for product delivery as well as product commitments and outcomes to the stakeholders.
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements so they are understood by the development team and stakeholders.
- Break down product roadmap into measurable steps that can drive product development.
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues or suggest enhancements.
- Able to validate system changes and, where needed, assist with testing to ensure that what goes in front of customers matches up with product vision, requirements and ultimately achieves intended business outcomes.
- Identify product gaps, generate innovative ideas, and influence decisions to improve product capabilities.
- Review feedback for the usage of the product to diagnose areas that may need improvement to optimize adoption and reduce defects and support issues.
- Collaborates with marketing leaders regarding product launches and various channel marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with other teams to define project milestones and provides leadership and stakeholders with relevant updates.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of leadership and can provide executive-level communication.
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. Ability to flex between strategy and execution seamlessly, energized by a dynamic and fast-paced work environment with varied responsibilities.
What You Need
- 2-5+ years experience as a product manager or related experience.
- Must have experience building products in a modern SAAS environment.
- Must have strong writing skills and the ability to lead a product from conceptual ideas to business requirements, to prototype to development, testing, and launch.
- Must be able to communicate clearly on timeline and process nuanced change requests to all key stakeholders.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Financial Services Experience (preferred)
- Expertise with Salesforce. Certifications are not required but are preferred.
- Prior experience using Jira and Confluence.
- Experience using agile development methodology to conceptualize and deliver solutions.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a base salary, bonus potential, 401(k) plus matching, health benefits, and a great working environment. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, motivational, and focused on healthy living. Smokers need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.