DMSi helps building materials suppliers get ahead by providing industry-leading, innovative technology solutions, and we're ready to take it to the next level with a large-scale technological transformation. We're looking for an experienced product manager to work with talented user experience and user interface designers, developers, architects, and product owners to build outstanding products for the future. This position will lead the transformation of a product to a web application.
The ideal candidate is a proven product leader for complex software applications. The candidate is a self-starter who can paint the big picture, strategize, and rally the team to execute on common goals. They have a passion for creating experiences for customers that make an impact on their business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Refine the product vision and guiding principles for transformation of an application to a web product that will guide cross functional software development teams and motivate teams to work toward common goals
- Set the strategy for software conversion that aligns business goals, bringing value to the customer, and technical capabilities
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Work with designers to create sketches and prototypes to test solutions, communicate concepts, and spark new ideas
- Work with designers to develop and maintain the design system
- Use data and research to understand and advocate for the user
- Perform market, technology, and competitive analyses
- Maintain a solid understanding of the industry, of the customer base, and of the software technology stack.
5+ years of product manager experience
Experience planning large scale technology transformation initiatives in complex environments
Experience with UI and UX design techniques, design systems, and responsive web experiences
Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
Experience with the following a plus: Supply chain management, building materials, enterprise resource management systems (ERP), B2B applications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Normal office environment with use of computers and telephone systems; no unusual physical demands