Responsible for leading product and market research for the introduction of new and improved material handling products. Serves as liaison with Toyota engineers, internal departments, global Toyota development teams, dealers, and end customers on all aspects related to new product developments and pre-sales launch and sustaining activities.
Essential Position Duties:
* Leads market research/analysis for the introduction of new and improved products, including market research of new emerging technologies outside of the material handling industry.
* Identifies and proposes new technology features, solutions, and products to solve customer material handling challenges. Technologies include: telematics (IoT), autonomous vehicles, robotics, lithium ion batteries, fuel cells, pedestrian detection, object recognition, perception, and Real Time Location Tracking (RTLS) technologies.
* Works with various Toyota development teams globally on activities related to new product development and product releases.
* Presents market research, status updates, and recommendations to team members and senior management for near term and long term product plans in alignment with corporate strategic plans.
* Creates sales forecast and product pricing proposals based on market research.
* Serves “Subject Matter Expert” role for product and market questions for assigned products for Toyota.
* Coordinates product launch activities with other departments to assure successful sales launch of new products.
* Conducts product/market surveys, reviews product specifications, competitive features.
* Reviews government regulations/standards and gains an understanding of their effects on the products.
* Facilitate and coordinate various customer and vendor visits, sales presentations, training materials, and prototype truck evaluations.
* Assists in new product press releases, dealer meetings, specification sheets, sales support materials, and various trade shows.
* Works with enterprise management system (SAP/CRM) to align project requirements with business systems.
* Will require an estimated average of 25% of the time traveling depending upon projects.
* Must be flexible on work duties and willing to accommodate projects as needed
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
* Four year undergraduate degree in a related discipline and 2 years of related experience, or 4 years of related experience, in product planning, market research, technical services or product support with similar responsibilities as listed above.
* Experience working directly with customers is a plus.
* General understanding of powered industrial equipment, electric motors and controllers as well as other industrial power technologies is a plus.
* Excellent MS Office skills.
About Toyota Material Handling
Let Toyota take your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture.
Based in Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We are proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a pleasant and challenging work environment. Life is better at Toyota.
Benefits that set Toyota apart:
· Competitive Salary bonus program
· Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision Insurance
· Free On-Site Medical Center
· On-Site Pharmacy
· Free On-Site Recreational Complex
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company’s policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled