The Consumer Products’ Product Manager is responsible for leading marketing and innovation for the strategic business unit focused on select product categories. The ideal candidate will be action-oriented, and think and plan strategically. This candidate will know the home improvement retail channel, and based upon experience and hard work generate profitable growth by planning and implementing product line strategies, including those related to life cycle management, new product development, product quality and retail merchandising/ promotional programing.
- Relentlessly pursue excellence.
- Lead, plan, and implement new product development based upon consumer insights.
- Take a leadership role in continuous quality improvement projects.
- Identify and execute product cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop new and/or updated packaging, literature and merchandising as well as other consumer oriented marketing tools.
- Perform market and competitive analyses to identify opportunities, support decision making and determine customer product mix recommendations.
- Understand and track market share trends for assigned product categories.
- Plan and conduct market research and competitive intelligence.
- Conceptualize, develop and execute promotional off-shelf merchandising programs.
- Implement in-store merchandising initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or other relevant areas required.
- Knowledge of home improvement retail channels of distribution.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and manage cross functional product development teams.
- Five or more years of experience in consumer goods marketing, including product and/or brand development.
- Strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database software.
- MBA degree.
- Sales experience working within the retail home improvement channel on such accounts as Home Depot, Lowe’s, Ace, Menard’s, Amazon, etc.
- Product/ Brand management experience.
- Experience working with and/or developing overseas third party manufacturing/sourcing.
Rain Bird is an equal opportunity employer.