Production Associate - Cake
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Come join the largest baking company in the world and our family of 20,000 associates nationwide!
The Production Associate is an entry level role in our bakeries and is a valuable member of the production team focused on safely and consistently producing the highest quality product possible for customers. You will be responsible for operating high-speed production equipment.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Great starting pay: $18.86/hr!
- Excellent UNION benefits package!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You are focused on the consistent production of a high-quality product in a baking facility by performing various duties; including: the safe operation of machinery, packaging products, mixing ingredients, sanitation, and moving and/or stacking materials and equipment used in the production of fresh baked products.
- You will examine and reject products that do not meet specification; observe, maintain, and address issues to prevent and reduce waste.
- You may relieve associates for breaks/lunches as well as performs all job functions of these positions. May fill in for absent positions in production or packaging areas.
- You may be responsible for proper interpretation of all formulas and development of all dough's, including but not limited to time, temperature, weight, and exceptions to formulas.
- You will accurately measure ingredients and load ingredients in the proper order into the mixer and maintaining mixer schedule.
- You must follow, demonstrate, and understand all Environmental Health & Safety (OHS) requirements.
- You will maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- You will meet Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements.
- You will participate and successfully completes all Company approved and required training, audits, etc.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- You have a strong analytical ability to gather and interpret data, in situations where the problems are somewhat complex (dealing with people, procedures and equipment).
- You work well in a team-based environment, have solid interpersonal skills, and you are not averse to change.
- You must be able to perform basic math and computer skills; SAP, Oracle, CPD preferred.
- You act with a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset: focus on improving efficiencies while decreasing waste.