Toyota Material Handling's manufacturing facility includes processes for sheet metal cutting and fabrication, steel saw cutting, CNC machining, press brake and hydraulic press forming, manual and robotic MIG welding, resistance welding, powder coating, painting, assembly, and inspection as well as processes specific to our product including hydraulic cylinder and hose manufacturing.
General Position Duties:
* Prepare new manufacturing processes
* Support Production activities by continuously improving:
* Reduce downtime
* Reduce environmental impact
* Introduction of new automation to maintain productivity
* Increase production capacity to meet sales forecasts
* Improvement of material flow within the plant to reduce lead-time and improve safety
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Additional duties as assigned
Job specific responsibilities -- Assembly & Material Handling
* This position will investigate, procure, integrate, and install new equipment to increase production technology and automate processes in Assembly and Material Handling.
* Technical aspects include the implementation of automatic guided vehicles, selection and implementation of controlled torque tools, and projects including automated conveyors and fail-safe devices which automatically stop production when defects occur.
* To support strategic objectives this position will study process layout and improve material flow.
* The position will become the technical expert for the assigned support area and will proactivity identify and improve issues before problems occur.
* This position requires daily interaction with production Associates and equipment suppliers.
* This position reports to the Assembly/Paint/Material Handling Production Engineering Supervisor and provides daily support to Manufacturing and Maintenance to resolve process issues.
Education & Experience:
* Strong technical experience with troubleshooting capability and willingness to work hands-on.
* Strong work ethic, intrinsically motivated, ability to organize work and multi-task.
* Computer skills, including the ability to prepare thorough, concise reports and justifications.
* Ability to work professionally with all levels of the organization.
* Bachelor's year degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology. (mechanical/industrial/electrical).
* 3-5 years hands-on experience preferred.
About Toyota Material Handling
Let Toyota take your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture.
Based in Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We are proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a pleasant and challenging work environment. Life is better at Toyota.
Benefits that set Toyota apart:
* Competitive Salary bonus program
* Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision Insurance
* Free On-Site Medical Center
* Free On-Site Recreational Complex
* On-site Pharmacy ($5 co-pay)
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company's policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled