30+ days ago
At the Johns Manville Willows, CA facility, we specialize in producing quality fiberglass building insulation for use in residential and commercial applications. Our company is focused on sustainability, innovation and productivity. Johns Manville has been an international manufacturer in the building products field for over 160 years.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing product manufacturing, finished product quality and raw material management for multiple lines in a 24-hour manufacturing process, as well as employee training and development. The Superintendent is also responsible for communicating and supporting JM corporate goals and facility targets for safety, productivity and product quality, effectively problem solve and troubleshoot process and personnel issues, and develop effective corrective actions. The Superintendent may also support the facility by assuming the responsibilities of the Plant Manager in his/her absence.
Your Day to Day:
* Manage product manufacturing, finished product quality and raw material management for the Operation
* Supervise manufacturing resources to meet production goals and assist in preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement
* Develop and administer material and labor usage controls and metrics
* Plan and schedule work to utilize equipment and maintain maximum productivity levels
* Utilize operating indicators for control of product cost, material usage, machine downtime, expenditure control and other shift functions
* Ensure production activities are in compliance with company policies procedures and that manufactured goods meet finished product specifications
* Maintain strict compliance with all financial, legal, regulatory and environmental requirements within the Operation
* Actively support improvement of safety performance by reducing OSHA incident rate and lost time accidents to zero
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
* Bachelor's degree in management, engineering or relevant field with a minimum of 5 years operational leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
* Strong supervisory and leadership skills
* Manages a staff of 4 Production Supervisors, Process Engineer and 200+ hourly employees
* Ability to work with teams to diagnose and solve issues
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead change and implement continuous improvement
* Working knowledge and understanding of SAP or ERP systems
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Ability to support a 24/7 operation
* May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds
* Minimal travel required 0 - 10 days per year
* Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust mist gas fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Relocation will be provided to those are qualified.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled