About the role
Responsible for the coordination of all planning activities, namely: MRP runs, Work Orders Creation and Timing/Production Sequencing, Materials Issues and Shortages, Safety Stock Levels, Inventory Turns, Service Levels, Monitoring Sales Orders and Shipments, etc.
Purchase materials, components, goods, and services to support manufacturing operations. Request quotes and identify potential sources of supply that meet cost, quality, and delivery objectives. Actively manage and evaluate supply chain with respect to supplier performance, seek opportunities that drive continuous improvement in cost, delivery, and quality. #CB
What you will do
- Oversee production orders including creation and timing/sequence of them while optimizing size of Work Orders to increase production efficiency and management/optimization of inventory levels.
- Performs MRP runs to generate materials requirements and anticipate production needs in order to satisfy all Sales Orders fulfillment and achieve target inventory level goals.
- Work with production department to eliminate constraints and balance production process throughout the operation to minimize/eliminate WIP levels while increasing speed to market.
- Act as liaison between Production Departments and Customer Service Department to ensure effective communication while prioritizing customer needs and establishing a healthy balance for production requirements.
- Responsible for making recommendations for improvement.
- Purchase assigned commodities according to ERP system messages, requisitions and manual form service requisitions / purchase requisitions.
- Issue purchase orders and change orders for assigned commodities, ensure that proper internal documentation (requisitions / approvals) and external documentation (specifications, drawings) are provided by requestors and to suppliers.
- Manage the return of discrepant material to supplier for disposition per the Material Reject Record and coordinate with Receiving, Quality and Accounts Payable in resolving any receiving issues for materials.
- Utilize ERP reports to ensure adequate inventory of purchased material is maintained in order to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Communicate timely and current information regarding material availability.
- Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, utilize ERP and other systems to monitor and report on supplier performance, coordinate and ensure corrective actions are executed as appropriate. Primary contact with suppliers for assigned commodities.
- Ability to identify and define problems/issues, collect data; establish and draw valid conclusions.
- Any other responsibility as assigned by the Director of Operations.
What we are looking for
- BA or BS degree in supply chain, operations, business, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles.
- APICS Certified desired.
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably SAP.
- Lean manufacturing working knowledge and/or certifications preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills required. Great communication skills: written and verbal.
- Strong analytical capabilities and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong Computer Skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position to utilize standard office tools.
- Move about office and manufacturing area as necessary.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, calculator, copy machine, fax machine).
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. As a leading provider of infection prevention products and services in the healthcare market, we are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that improve outcomes and help save lives. We accomplish this mission by delivering our products through the following operating units:
Medical: Endoscopy procedure disposables include single-use valves and irrigation tubing. The medical device reprocessing systems, disinfectants, detergents we manufacture and distribute are used to disinfect high-level endoscopes.
Life Sciences: Water purification systems for dialysis facilities. We work with leading dialysis caregivers, delivering hemodialysis dialyzers and reprocessing systems, as well as sterilants and filtration products.
Dental: Single-use, infection prevention products used primarily in the dental market (face masks, sterilization pouches, towels and bibs, tray covers, saliva ejectors, germicidal wipes, plastic cups and disinfectants).
Cantel employees are inspired to improve the lives of patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. If you are looking for a company driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and have the passion to shape the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Join us and see why people love working here.