The Synaptent LLC is a growing dietary supplements company that is introducing new products in various formats (pure powders, capsules, liquid blends, and future gummy production). The company is located in Chicagoland and planning to relocate to a newly purchased manufacturing site in a pleasant corporate park environment in Lincolnshire, IL in September-November 2021 timeframe.
The Production Supervisor willlead the Production Team & ensure the operational efficiency and cGMP/SOP compliance,consistent with an excellent a dietary supplements manufacturing operation. Maintaining the production and quality of output is paramount. This is a hands-on management position, in which the duties involve scheduling and supervision of the technicians and operators of the production room, consisting of 10 + technicians and machine operators. Close collaboration and regular communication with R&D/Quality staff is essential, as well as the accurate completion of required paperwork. In addition, the incumbent needs the ability to work with the Inventory management system (Locate Inventory) and Product/Process database (pGMP) to ensure accurate tracking of the inventory and production as well as assuring compliance with the product and processing requirements and quality data.
A proven track record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and supervisory experience in GMP manufacturing environment are essential requirements for the position.
Reports to: Managing Partner, Operations
- Working closely with Partners, establishes production priorities, weekly schedule and works with Inventory management system to create work orders for daily production.
- Ensures all ingredients and packaging is properly staged at the start of the production at 7am.
- Schedules and supervises the activities of the Technicians and Operators in the production room. Ensures all GMPs and SOPs are observed.
- Measures,tracks and communicates production vs objectives to the team. Motivates production team for improved productivity with individual coaching as well as recognition programs.
- Reviews and submits production staff hours to payroll administrator
- Checks and ensures the quality standards, as established by R&D/QA, are met. Work closely with Mgr. R&D/QA to resolve any production issues in a timely fashion
- Ensures that required cleaning and preventive maintenance for equipment is performed
- Trains, mentors each team member as needed on the production floor to improve skills and discipline
- Models proper work ethic and ensures that the production team follows the established work rules
- Creates a culture of engagement, ownership and pride forhigh performance as a team.
- Must be able to work 5 days a week 8 hours per workday, starting at 7am
- Great leadership skills to create team spirit, discipline;coaching skills to meet performance goals
- Must exhibit knowledge and leadership to enforce GMPs and quality standards.
- Great communication and conflict resolution skills
- Good computer skills and ability to work effectively with an inventory management system is required
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role, managing small to mid-size teams
- Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is essential