Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This position oversees production lines and operations in the bakery under the supervision of the Production Manager and Plant Manager to ensure quality of product and delivery to distribution. Responsible for direct supervision of production associates. Works closely with all other departments in the bakery including maintenance, sanitation, and shipping.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), etc.
- Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to create culture of inclusion and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings.
- Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed and tracks changes.
- Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to minimize downtime.
- Executes and maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and order completion.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
- Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and government regulations.
- Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are completed.
- Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture.