G&H is a world leader in the design and manufacture of customized photonics components and modules for industrial, avionic, and medical OEMs. We offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for motivated and talented people to join a team of like-minded, highly skilled colleagues who want to grow and succeed with our company. Hiring talent to complement and grow our current teams’ skills and capabilities is a strategic priority to enable our plans for growth.
Our seven business locations in the United States and four UK-based businesses employ across a broad range of functions including engineering and process, manufacturing, product management, supply chain and customer services, quality assurance, continuous improvement, compliance and finance.
Our Electronics Acoustic Optics team in Fremont, CA. is seeking an intermediate level Engineering Test Tech to join our team. This position is mainly responsible for building prototypes, transitioning new products to manufacturing, troubleshooting, and RF testing of various RF drivers.
- Build electronic and mechanical prototypes per print, verbal, and written instructions.
- Operate electronic equipment, tools, and software to test products to predetermined specifications.
- Qualify and transition new products to manufacturing.
- Perform RF testing per print specifications of various RF drivers including generating test data.
- Able to read schematics and troubleshoot electronics circuits.
- Qualify and provide feedback and recommendations for product and process improvements.
- Support Design and Test Engineering on new builds, samples, and returned product.
- Validate and maintain product documentation and procedures.
- Must be able to use microscopes, tweezers, solder, and handle small parts with good dexterity.
- May provide technical support and training to others as needed.
- Perform daily calibration of equipment and set ups including fixtures and tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be familiar and able to operate basic electronic equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters/sensors, and network analyzers.
- Strong background and understanding of basic electronics to component level and RF testing.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written, and strong math skills. Able to work well independently and in a group.
- Able to work on complex jobs, use good judgement, and have self-initiative.
- Comfortable using computers and databases. Familiarity with databases and programs such as FMP and Labview a plus.
- AS degree or certification in electronics and min 5 year’s work experience in related field.
- Shift: Day - 5:00am-1:30pm, Monday - Friday
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunity or practices on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national laws under which the Company operates.