As a Program Analyst, you will work with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders to design efficient, thoughtful, data-driven approaches to evaluating programs. To do this, you will use a wide variety of software platforms and databases to organize, recommend, and implement solutions to our business challenges.
- Location: Frederick, MD – CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Client(s): Position supports our government clients at CDMRP - Fort Detrick
- Position Information: Full-Time Regular, and Exempt
- Supervisory: No
- Vacancy: Two Openings
- Security Level: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Travel Required: This position requires occasional local travel (Washington, D.C. area) for work-related meetings
- Relocation Expenses: No relocation expenses may be authorized for this position
- Citizenship: US citizenship required
Ripple Effect is seeking a full-time, Program Analyst with a background in science who can support all aspects of project management to join our on-site team supporting the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP). A successful candidate will be a self-starter who gets the job done, can handle a wide range of support tasks, and enjoys the energy of a government office with intelligent colleagues and fast-paced programs.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with program evaluation and portfolio analysis, including collecting and analyzing data for response to information requests and developing/updating quad charts for programs tasked with a Review and Analysis.
- Develop program reports and briefings to facilitate project and portfolio planning and guide programmatic decisions, including award charts.
- Monitor award progress by developing and tracking documents and reviewing delinquent reports.
- Organize, query, and maintain technical budgets and programmatic and administrative information in an electronic business system.
- Facilitate the award closeout process and publication formatting.
- Coordinate and consolidate progress reports for customers, stakeholders, and organization leaders.
- Participate in programmatic and other working group meetings; including agenda development, taking meeting minutes and compiling summaries for leadership.
- Perform other duties as required for the role.
- Minimum Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a biomedical-related field
- 4 years minimum experience
- Computer literacy with experience using SharePoint, Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Outlook; including the ability to prepare and maintain complex spreadsheets.
- Electronic database and spreadsheet experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for face-to-face interaction with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills; demonstrated capacity for detailed organization and synthesis of abstract and disparate information.
- Highly efficient and extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek assistance.
Skills That Set You Apart
- Master’s degree in a biomedical-related field
- Experience in project management, defense acquisition, and medical research
What Makes a Successful Rippler?
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required to be successful in the role. Other duties may be assigned to help make our clients successful and achieve our company goals. We have designed the introductory period to convey company core values and clear expectations of your role.
- You pay attention to the details. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. So you stay organized, meet commitments and deadlines, work efficiently, and always check your work.
- You communicate clearly. You consider your audience and take care to get your points across professionally and concisely, both in writing and when speaking to others. You’re comfortable interacting with clients, coworkers, and stakeholders, and respect everyone’s perspective.
- You work independently. You know how to manage competing deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects, and can adapt when you need to re-prioritize. When you’re stuck, you take initiative to find resources, and you’re comfortable asking for help when you need it.
- You’re eager to learn. You have a track record of learning new things, especially programs, technology, and processes. You embrace change, and if you can’t find a teacher, you teach yourself. Once you learn something new, you are excited to evaluate it and teach it to others.
Ripple Effect Communications is a government contractor providing professional consulting services in the areas of: Communications & Outreach; Program Management & Policy; and Research & Evaluation. For this position, we are accepting applications to support the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP) within the Department of Defense. CDMRP originated in 1992 via a Congressional appropriation to foster novel approaches to biomedical research in response to the expressed needs of its stakeholders--the American public, the military, and Congress.
We reward our employees for their contributions to our mission in many ways, from competitive pay and exceptional benefits, to a range of work/life programs based on employment classification. Benefit offerings may include:
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life, long-term disability, and other insurance products
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Retirement 401K program
- Profit sharing and bonus program
- Paid and unpaid leave
- Performance & Professional development
- Flexible schedules and remote work arrangements
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits;
Ripple Effect is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer;
Employment eligibility will be verified using E-verify;
Applicants may be asked to participate in assessments during the interview process as described in our Informed Consent Policy; and
Applicants will not be reimbursed for any expenses associated with the interview process or relocation.
Not ready to apply, or just want to stay informed on various career opportunities at Ripple Effect? Apply to one of our Future Rippler jobs or join our email newsletter!