Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Bowhead seeks a Program Manager to support the ATC Data Collection contract in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The ATC Data Collection contract plans, conducts, analyzes, and reports the results of developmental tests, production tests, and other tests to include providing test support services within the Department of Defense (DoD).
The Program Manager has overall responsibility for contract performance and has independent authority to make decisions concerning the performance of the contract to include personnel staffing, unusual hours of operation and contract negotiations.
Other Duties to include:
• Overall management and administration of the contract in accordance with all contract terms and conditions to include participation in long range staff planning (staffing, training, assignments, etc.) with Government personnel to ensure availability of required resources to execute workload
• Data collection, coordination, compilation, review, and reporting on a wide variety of automotive, combat, electronic, general equipment, and ordnance materiel undergoing extensive testing
• Data transcription/ processing, and typing and editing of Government correspondence and technical reports
• Providing continuity in the knowledge of and applications of safety, security, and operational regulations and procedures
• Providing continuity in training; and accountability of Government-furnished property (GFP)
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
• Bachelor's Degree in a scientific, engineering, or technology discipline
• Shall possess seven (7) years’ data collection experience in a test and evaluation environment
• Shall also possess five (5) years’ experience supervising 50 or more people in a technical environment. Supervisor is defined as individual employed by an agency or company having authority to hire, direct, assign, promote, reward, transfer, furlough, layoff, recall, suspend, discipline, or remove employees, to adjust their grievances, or to effectively recommend such action, if the exercise of the authority is not merely routine or clerical in nature but requires the consistent exercise of independent judgement
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs
Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=26680
About the Company
Bowhead / UIC Technical Services
UIC Government Services (UICGS) and its Bowhead family of companies are a division of Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC), an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC). UIC is one of the largest ANC’s in Alaska, and combined with UICGS/Bowhead, we offer a wide variety of services to defense and civilian government agencies that reach across multiple disciplines, the U.S., and the world. With our excellent management team and great range of services in the areas of Information Technology, Logistics & Marine, Manufacturing & Products, Program Management and Operations, and Systems & Technology, we perform over 250 contracts worldwide with innovative business solutions in areas such as engineering, maintenance services, manufacturing, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, our 3,500+ employees of the Bowhead family of companies, UIC, UIC Government Services, UIC Government Construction, and UIC Commercial remain committed to delivering quality results to ensure our customers’ success. Headquartered in Virginia, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation consistently recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) certified small business companies for government contracting.