Company:Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area:Engineering Services Group, Engineering Services Group > Program Management
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
General Summary Develops, defines, and executes plans of record, including: schedules, budgets, resources, deliverables, and risks. Monitors and drives the program from initiation through delivery, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders across functions on technical matters, as needed. Monitors budget/spending, on-time delivery, and achievement of program milestones. Represents the program and drives alignment across stakeholders. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under some supervision.
• Making decisions that are low to moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required. The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Supports the establishment of program goals and prioritizes deliverables under minimal supervision of Program Management stakeholders.
• Manages and takes responsibility for multiple small programs/technology with minimal complexity or a single program/technology with moderate complexity by applying up-to-date program management knowledge to meet deadlines.
• Builds and manages the execution of the Plan of Record (e.g., on time, on budget, within scope) for multiple small programs or a single medium sized program, which includes schedule and resource forecasting, stakeholder identification, method and frequency of communication, scope, and prioritization.
• Tracks all key metrics pertaining to a program, provides early warning for potential metric deviations and escalates in timely manner when metrics deviate significantly from Plan of Record.
• Coordinates the work of a small team on assigned tasks with guidance and maintains progress in tracking system.
• Identifies program issues/risks and creates a risk mitigation plan for multiple small programs or a single medium-sized program. Maintains and updates the risk tracker.
• Supports team vision and objectives by motivating team.
• Supports the compliance of processes by following best practices and procedures and providing observations for process improvement.
Required Competencies (All competencies below are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Getting Work Done - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
• Program Management - Knowledge of program management methodology (e.g., planning, scheduling, tracking, execution). This includes the ability to effectively use program management tools to carry out the program management function.
• Risk Management - The ability to identify (e.g., impact analysis) and mitigate risks that impact programs. This includes prioritizing and tracking risks.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years Program Management or related work experience.
• 1+ years working with operating budgets, resources, and/or project financials.
• 5+ years Program Management or related work experience.
• 1+ years experience with program management tools such as dashboards, Gantt charts, etc.
• 1+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
We are engineers, scientists and business strategists. We are from many different countries and speak many different languages. We come from diverse cultures and have unique perspectives. Together, we focus on a single goal—we invent breakthrough technologies that transform how the world connects, computes, and communicates.
Employment Notices for US-based Job Postings
Equal Employment Opportunity (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family Medical Leave Act (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf)
Rights of Pregnant Employees
Discrimination and Harassment (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf)
California Family Rights Act
Prepare and succeed
Qualcomm Interview FAQs (https://www.qualcomm.com/company/careers/faqs)
Employment Fraud Alert
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial or personal information from job candidates. Please note these communications are fraudulent. Click here (https://www.qualcomm.com/employment-fraud-alert) to view our Employment Fraud Alert.