Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Category: Information Systems & Technology
JobLocation: Westbury, New York 11590
JobSummary: Barnes and Noble is seeking a Programmer Analyst to join our team. The Programmer Analyst is a highly motivated Microsoft Windows DevOP able to perform development and maintenance on very complex applications.
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions.
• Develop B2B applications using C# and Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures
• Participate in architectural review sessions to learn new system architectures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with moderate software development skills or comparable experience
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years' experience required, including working as part of a team environment on systems that have moved to production
• Application development experience with the following required:
o Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+
o Visual Studio (2015 and above)
Exposure to Retail and EDI X12 is a PLUS but not required
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be team-oriented and self-motivated. Should be a self-starter with the ability to identify priorities and initiate tasks, as well as be able to take direction from above and sort out conflicting priorities when required.
EeoStatement: Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, religion, creed, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.