Project Engineer, Geologist or Scientist (Mid-Senior Level)
Environmental Resources Management-Southeast, Inc.
ERM is looking for a motivated, hands-on Mid-Senior Level Project Engineer, Geologist or Scientist to join our growing Contaminated Site Management team in Atlanta, GA. Working under the direction of senior project managers/directors, principal consultants and partners, the successful candidate will work on and manage a variety of site investigation, risk assessment and remediation projects under CERCLA, RCRA and state programs throughout the southeastern US as well as other US and international locations. You will have the opportunity to work with technical experts on these projects and learn how to implement innovative and sustainable site investigation and remediation technologies. As a senior technical resource, you will be responsible for safely performing project work, supervising and mentoring junior staff, branding ERM in the market through technical presentations and papers, growing client relationships and developing new business with them, and preparing winning proposals. Your experience at ERM will enable you to develop your career along with your leadership, client relationship building, and technical consulting skills. Ultimately, you will be able to support the growth of our business by delivering exceptional value to clients across multiple industry sectors.
- Perform and coordinate project work involving site investigation, utility location and clearance, risk assessment and remediation of soil, groundwater, and sediments with moderate to complex technical/regulatory issues with manufacturing, power, chemical, oil & gas, and technology sector clients.
- Plan and coordinate field work including sampling, drilling, well installation, soil, groundwater and LNAPL/DNAPL assessment; vapor intrusion assessment; and high resolution site characterization (e.g., passive soil gas surveys, MIP, Waterloo Profiler), and remedial construction and O&M.
- Review and interpret environmental data; evaluate quality assurance/quality control data; develop conceptual site models; identify data gaps; prepare or peer review a variety of work plans and reports; and develop scopes of work, schedules, costs and health and safety plans for projects under RCRA, CERCLA and other state programs.
- Support internal and external projects utilizing new technologies to improve efficiency, quality and achieve project objectives, including electronic field data collection, management, and reporting.
- Evaluate remedial alternatives and assist clients develop cost-effective closure strategies and negotiating them with regulatory agencies.
- Design, bench-scale testing and pilot testing remedies for contaminated soil, groundwater and sediments using traditional and/or innovative and emerging remediation technologies, and monitoring and optimizing their performance so that our clients get the most value out of their expenditure.
- Appropriately delegate assignments to project team members and mentor junior staff, and pull in technical experts to assist so that we can bring the most value to our clients.
- Prepare proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain and grow client relationships to generate repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with ERM employees, clients, and subcontractors.
- Bachelors Degree (Masters or higher degree preferred) in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related discipline.
- For engineers and geologists, having a PE or PG or the ability to obtain them is a plus.
- 8 to 15 years of experience, with progressive project management and technical experience for moderate to complex site investigation/remediation projects under CERCLA, RCRA and state programs.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills, working in a team environment.
- An understanding of environmental data management using EQuIS is a plus.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!