Project Engineer (Program Engineer)
Magna International Inc.
The Magna Exteriors porfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightwight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.Job description:
Serves as lead person for new product programs from inception to production. Has primary customer engineering interface, oversees customer billable tooling builds, directs contracted product engineering and design activity.
- B.S. - Engineering or Technical Degree
- 3 years experience in a product related engineering position in a manufacturing or product design environment. 1 year continuous work experience.
- Must have: good problem solving skills, strong project management skills, good computer skills, and ability to make group presentations.
- Must work well with others and have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Must have the ability to read automotive blueprints and engineering specifications.
- In special circumstances, candidates who have not met the required education, but have substantial manufacturing work experience that is applicable to the job may be considered.
- Must be able to at least meet the physical demands as defined by the current production requirements and the job function evaluation.
- Office environment - may spend some time in manufacturing environment using normal PPE and safety precautions.
- Travels using public modes of transportation.
- Functions as liaison with customer’s product engineering groups and Nascote contracted product engineering and design sources.
- Directs tool/fixture builds, prototype and pre-production builds and gives product engineering direction for production launch and sample approval.
- Monitors and controls program costs associated with prototype and production tooling and prototype parts production.
- Provides product design input especially related to manufacturing feasibility.
- Institutes product design cost reduction ideas.
- Coordinates product engineering changes.
- Leads or participates in team oriented problem solving efforts.
- Performs or directs all customer and Nascote required product engineering management tasks (engineering timelines, open issues reporting, design reviews, DFMEA, etc.).
- Must be competent in and utilize AIAG "Core Tools"
- Coordinates Nascote launch of new products with program specific launch teams.
- Provides engineering input for new product quotations.
- Participates in department initiatives - e.g. business plan development / execution, procedure development, QOS.
- Completes documentation of activities as required.
- Submits cost reduction and innovation ideas.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.