Project Engineer (remote)
Heat and Control
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for the technical aspects of projects to supply large capital food processing equipment to customers. The project engineer acts as the customer's primary technical interface in conjunction with sales, project management, and the service group to ensure equipment meets expectations. The project engineer leads teams of one to five skilled design engineers and provides guidance on component specifications, equipment sizing, detailed design specifications, etc.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Design of industrial food processing and packaging equipment models in Autodesk Inventor 3D.
- Drafting of equipment layout/installation drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings, and process flow diagrams in AutoCAD 2D.
- Review of customer specifications, commercial documents, and internal standards documentation to determine scope of project supply.
- Organize and participate in peer review meetings to generate and review Risk Assessments.
- Sizing of mechanical and powertrain components (shafts, bearings, sprockets, gearboxes).
- Sizing of heat transfer and fluid flow components (valves, pumps, burners, Heat Exchangers).
- Specification of purchased components (sensors and switches).
- Monitor design and customer drawing release schedules to ensure project is not delayed.
- Support equipment fabrication progress through our factory; we have a full machine shop, sheet metal shop with laser and waterjet, and welding assembly shop.
- Work with our field service group to support equipment installation, start-up, and commissioning.
- Mobility as required to review equipment during construction and during commissioning offsite. Occasional travel to customer facilities for meetings and equipment troubleshooting.
- Occasional overtime work may be required.
- BSME or B.S. in Food Engineering.
- 3+ years of CAD experience including 3-D modeling and drafting.
- Experience with FEA and CFD modeling a plus.
- Knowledge of design and manufacturability (DFM).
- Experience in food processing equipment is a plus, but analytical ability is most important.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in SAP is preferred.
About the Company
Heat and Control
Heat and Control is a world-leading equipment manufacturer serving an ever-growing list of food and non-food industries. We believe that when you purchase equipment from Heat and Control, you are joining us in a long-term relationship. In addition to the latest technology and highest quality equipment for processing, product handling, packaging, and inspection, we are committed to providing the industry's best service — before and after the sale. To this end, we support you with equipment demonstrations, engineering and applications assistance, project management, installation, training, and prompt, expert service and parts support wherever your plant is located.
With manufacturing facilities and sales support offices worldwide, Heat and Control has the resources and expertise to develop the most efficient solutions for your production challenges.
Our equipment operates around the clock, around the world, providing the advantages you need to succeed in today's competitive markets. Whether you need one machine or a complete line, we design and build machinery that delivers the most reliable and efficient performance for your products.
As a privately owned and operated company, we also understand that it takes quality products, continued improvement, and responsive expert service to ensure continued growth for your business. Heat and Control is here to serve you on all counts.