Professional Service Industries, Inc.
Kansas City, KS
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Project Geologist to join our Building and Construction team in Kansas City, KS.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Project Geologist will support the Building and Construction business by providing Environmental Consulting, Phase I and Phase II site assessments. Candidate will be responsible for leading complex projects through the regulatory process and/or requiring innovative investigation techniques.
- Performing Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Limited Site Investigations (LSI) and Site Characterizations as directed by various regulatory agencies
- Directing Environmental Drilling, field sampling activities, remediation system oversight and/or maintenance
- Provide Environmental Consulting to clients while building client relationship and business development.
- Develop Quotes and Cost Estimates for Environmental Investigations
- Coordinates with management and field staff in completing project schedules and adherence deadlines.
- Communication and coordination with clients, regulators and sub-contractors.
- Assist in developing, budgeting and managing a wide variety of projects.
- S in Environmental Science, Geology or Hydrogeology or related field required
- P.G. is preferred
- 5+ years of all phases of environmental consultation including site assessments, investigations, remediations, and have leadership and management experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Must have Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.