Project Geologist / Scientist / Engineer
Pleasant Hill, CA
Pleasant Hill, CA
23 days ago
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-field preparation for projects.
- Oversee subcontractorâ€™s geophysical surveys and hole clearing activities.
- Assist with site investigation field activities, including scheduling/contracting subcontractors, obtaining permits, conducting site safety meetings, and oversight of drilling/sampling operations.
- Preparation of routine monitoring reports, investigation reports with tables, figures, geologic cross-sections, and supporting data.
- Assist groundwater technicians with groundwater monitoring.
- Assist with various project management tasks associated with environmental site assessment and remediation projects.
- Conduct routine, pre-storm, storm event, and post-storm inspections as specified in the SWPPP in all weather conditions.
- Assist senior engineering staff with remediation system design (soil vapor extraction, groundwater treatment, in-situ treatment) and design of civil construction works.
- Maintenance of field instruments and ensuring that field equipment is in proper operating condition.
- On-site documentation of quality control activities, coordination of material & equipment deliveries, and tracking field completion vs. original schedule.
- Ensure that all pre-and post-field procedures and safety procedures are completed to comply with ETIC and client-specific requirements.
- Responsible for other job duties, as needed.
Successful Candidates Should Have:
- Minimum Bachelorâ€™s degree in Geology, Engineering, or Environmental related earth science fields.
- Should have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- A diverse environmental project background that may include RCRA, CERCLA, Industrial, Energy, and other Federal, State, and Municipal government projects, and more.
- Knowledge of drilling oversight of hollow-stem auger, sonic drilling, air rotary, and direct-push technology.
- Familiar with environmental site investigations, groundwater monitoring, groundwater/soil sampling, assessment, characterization, and date quality review/date evaluation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills.
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Proven ability to perform in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment and handle multiple tasks/projects at a given time.
- Must be willing to travel within the state of California.
- OSHA 40-hour training a plus.
- Proficient with several computer applications including MS Office Suite.
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment, and annual alcohol/drug screens.
- Valid Driver License
Powered by JazzHR