Saber Power Services, LLC, (SPS) located in Houston, TX is a nationally recognized full service, EPC, specialty engineering, procurement, construction and testing and commissioning company specializing in complex medium and high voltage electrical infrastructure in North America. Saber Power Services was selected by Houston Business Journal and one of The Best Places to work for 2 years in a row.
Saber Power Services seeks a professional, dedicated individual with a positive outlook for our Construction Services, Project Manager opening in Houston, TX.
Job Description Summary:
Project Manager is directly responsible for all safety, financial, operations and administrative functions on high voltage utility projects. The Project manager will plan and execute the life cycle of a large-scale linear project. Develop procedures and practices contingent on customer and internal requirements, hiring, developing, and managing of the project team, coordinating with construction managers, schedulers, and subcontractors. This project management position requires extensive involvement and leadership for the project team. Collaborating and maintaining close relationships with utility customers. This position is ultimately responsible for the project’s progress and success.
- Define and understand project scope
- Identify and supply deliverables
- Assist Business development on defining project resource requirements; subcontractor or internal
- Responsible for subcontractor bid packages, communications and transmittals
- Responsible for pricing sheet assembly and completion
- Manager proposal schedule Project Initiation
- Responsible for understanding complete project scope and contract
- Manage subcontractor selection, notification and possible re-pricing
- Schedule and execute project kick-off meetings with client and subcontractors
- Develop and manage project team, assigning and coordinating team member roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain project schedule, ensuring achievement of critical milestone dates
- Oversee the successful management of labor and capital
- Plan/Participating in weekly progress and strategic planning meetings between clients and project team
- Maintain and control assigned project budgets and margins
- Responsible for subcontract invoice approval and client billing
- Identify, mitigate, and resolve project issues and/or
- Assure safety policies, procedures, and standards are met, or
- Manage project scope by assuring changes and/or change orders are appropriately documented and executed
- Communicating and reporting project updates, metrics, and overall performance to Project Sponsors.
- Oversee QA/QC of Engineering and Procurement deliverables as possible Project Closeout
- Complete all change order activity for both the client and subcontractors
- Verify all material has been delivered, invoicing complete and payments made
- Verify all project P.O.s are executed and closed-out
- Testing and commissioning documentation is complete, reviewed and transmitted to client
- Engineering as-built drawings and drawing revisions are complete and transmitted to client
- All ECS project QA/QC documents are complete to include transfer of custody
- Final customer billing to include retention
- Complete ECS substation closeout document
- Achieve project file Additional responsibilities:
- Commitment to stringent industry safety regulations.
- Creation, management, and reporting of resource plans and performance
- Measure, monitor, and report project financials including forecasts and cash
- Adherence to project deliverables and contractual
- Schedule Management – Analyzing critical path, float, delays, and acceleration if
- Documentation of all project activities and
- Contract interpretation/dispute
- Interfacing with client representatives regarding the project's progress and
- Provide technical support for construction, including participation in construction
- Facilitate and coordinate project related
- Support business development and other areas of Substation Services as directed
- Mentor Assistant Project Management resources
Education and/ or Work Experience:
- Prior experience with managing contracted work with Municipal and/or Investor Owned Utilities
- Thorough understanding of utility industry practices/standards, operations, contract management with emphasis on power projects
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to accurately process written documentation, perform duties in a timely manner, be highly organized, and able to interface with personnel at all
- Proficient understanding of Project Controls, Earned Value Management and Risk Management
- Extensive proficiency with Microsoft programs
Safety is priority number one with our organization. Errors in judgment can result in negative financial impact, inconvenience to customers, unsafe working conditions, injury, or loss of life.
Company where our People enjoy their Jobs!
Saber Power Services is a very Employee Focused company. So, we decided that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of the Customers. We have office BBQs, company fishing tournaments, casino parties for employees, and anything that we can think of that our people will enjoy.
The majority of our work in centered around Greater Houston, but we work throughout the US.
Apply Your Skills. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
If you are looking for a Career, and not a Job, then you really need to come talk to us.
Saber has an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short term disability, life insurance, 401K with Matching, flexible benefit account; and an outstanding work environment. Check out our Total Rewards Plan here.
Saber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.