- 6 years of related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with furniture procurement and installation processes
- Working knowledge of industry documentation standards in Interior Design and Architecture
- Understanding of Design Phases as outlined by AIA and
- Knowledge of industry-standard design and construction processes
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Proficient in AutoCAD
The Pophouse Project Manager is a member of the production team who works closely with clients and the design team to drive projects to completion.
- Establish and develop positive and productive client, consultant and vendor relationships
- Seek and respond to regular feedback from respective groups to ensure healthy relationships are developed and maintained
- Maintain accountability to client satisfaction for all assigned projects
- Ensure the team is going above and beyond to meet client needs, fulfill commitments, and resolve issues for the best possible outcomes
- Proactively manage design team through each phase of the project for overall adherence to process, contract deliverables and industry-standard procedures
- Deliver timely, consistent, and tailored communication and project updates to each client
- Respond promptly to inquiries and requests regarding projects from all external consultants and vendors
- Coordinate and lead all Pophouse project meetings, including internal and external design reviews, coordination meetings, installations, and site visits
- Work with the lead design staff to project and manage resourcing for active project needs to ensure all contractual commitments are met on time and within budget
- Maintain accurate project information including budget, schedule, and resources, in the project management system
- Act as the “first line of defense” for project or client issues, guiding the team and client to solve for a positive outcome
- Maintain timely and accurate project administration, i.e., forecasting, invoicing, time entries, and project health reporting
- Track financial performance of projects, monitoring project progress and scope with regular status updates to design team and leadership
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and regular communication of project schedules
- Identify new business opportunities through existing relationships and participate in proposal development, presentation and negotiation with clients
Who We Are
Pophouse, formerly dPOP, is a design studio located in Detroit, Michigan. Started in 2013, Pophouse is a team of interior, industrial and environmental graphic designers and strategists focused on positively impacting people through design. We know that purposeful design has the ability to change the way people work, live and interact with each other. Leveraging industry research and business intelligence, we create a meaningful strategy that informs our approach to design. Our team translates this design narrative throughout every aspect of our projects, including finishes, space plans, custom furniture, branding, wayfinding, signage and artwork to transform spaces into ones that highlight culture, increase productivity and optimize business outcomes.
This alignment of science and art is what we call Thoughtfully Assembled Spaces.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.