11 days ago
Summary of Position:
The Senior Project Manager will create structure and define an approach that will facilitate the collection, clear communication, and ultimate delivery of Project goals and objectives. The Project Manager will work on scopes that are relatively well defined. Project complexity is expected to be moderate with associated levels of risk and business impact. Projects are expected to run for several months in duration and composed of 1-3 technical teams and the Client. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
• Achieves objectives by contributing information and recommending strategies and goals
• Structure Project and project delivery teams to efficiently meeting business requirements
• Takes proactive steps based on available information
• Conduct appropriate reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
• Manage IT projects, project segments, and resources schedules
• Independently translate contents of a Client Statement of Work, Letter of Intent or other Work Order into deliverables and milestones for customers
• Provide leadership / direction for the project team including resource assignments for both company and client
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
• Responsible and must use independent discretion for the following project levels:
o Spend to date
o Forecasted Spend
o Assessment of budget burn rate relative to total Project budget, scope and due dates
• Act as point person for Project level communications that will keep sponsors, stakeholders, business partners, and team leads informed on matters including, progress to plan; key milestones; integration efforts/needs across the program and/or project; risks, issues etc.
• Manage project level resource requirements and capacity plans
• Define goals, outline approach, and make adjustments to achieve desired delivery
• Ensure communications meet all stakeholders needs, Client, Partners, and other related team members
• Coordinate as appropriate for effective reporting and communications regarding progress to plan, barriers, risks, quality indicators, and estimate to complete/burn down information
• Provide leadership / direction for the Project/project team including resource assignments for both company and client
• Continuously monitor scope and manage Client expectations and change orders
• Financial responsibility and management of project cost and related billing
• Proactively manage escalations
• Create Project controls such as action item lists, risk logs, issues logs, change control, decision logs
• An expert in Project/project team management including dynamics of virtual teams, matrix reporting relationships and cross-functional resource identification and allocation
• Drive operations meetings or other appropriate forum to prospectively manage upcoming milestones, decisions, and plans.
• Ensure meetings have structure and clear purpose and goals; facilitate and drive meetings effectively and clearly communicate decisions and action items to team members and relevant parties outside of the team.
1. Organization Skills
2. Teamwork Capacity
4. Communication Proficiency
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree 7-10+ Years of Experience
• Excellent project planning, resource alignment, and escalation management capabilities
• Demonstrated experience in consensus building
• Strong problem-solving skills to proactively identity potential issues, current issues, and development of corrective action plans
• Collaborative team player that can identify personal style differences and manage relationships
• Effective communicator and influencer
• Displays exceptional verbal, written and listing for understanding skills. Strong ability to tailor communication style to specific audiences
• Displays ethical work habits every day and in all situations. Conducts work with uncompromised personal integrity, 'common sense', and sense of right and wrong – regardless of the situation
• Strong ability to build and maintain rapport and trust by building strong relationships with direct team, leadership, stakeholders, and clients
• Prior healthcare industry experience preferred
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Denali Advanced Integration delivers Enterprise IT solutions and services globally. Powered by strategic experts and best of breed technologies, Denali helps guide our clients through the most complex IT challenges. For more than 25 years, Denali has been among the most trusted and prominent technology providers in North America. We’re a customer-focused, family-owned IT company with a workforce of more than 400 employees who are passionate about exceeding expectations at every engagement. We make giving back to the community a priority through of a variety of philanthropic initiatives and treat everyone like family – our customers, partners and team members. Exceptional Enterprise IT, Delivered.
Denali Advanced Integration delivers Enterprise IT solutions and services, powered by strategic experts and best of breed technologies to help guide our clients through the most complex IT challenges. We’re your strategic Enterprise IT partner.
500 to 999 employees