LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and is a certified Great Place To Work. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maine, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Alabama, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between. Job Overview
We are currently hiring a Substation Project Manager for our Program Management Division at our client’s Rochester, NY office.
The Program Management Services Division at LaBella provides comprehensive management services for complex projects and multi-year capital programs. Project teams are established to provide a customized mix of business consulting, project management, financial control and monitoring, administrative, and technical support services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for providing project management for multiyear Substation projects and/or programs. Manage a defined program of substation related projects for which engineering and/or construction may be provided by internal and external resources (contractors and consultants). Provide project management coaching and mentoring to project team members.Responsibilities
- Lead teams in project tracking & control (e.g. CPM schedule, cost, resources) collecting individual status information & developing project updates for management review.
- Plan and coordinate various aspects of project life cycle.
- Prepare and maintain project management records and documentation as required. Obtain Regulatory and Municipal permits as required.
- Provide the necessary support as outlined in the Client’s Project Management (PM) reference manual (e.g. project charter, needs assessment, analysis, solution, initiation, plan, execution, control, close out).
- Manage complex projects/programs. Promote cross-functional teamwork. Act as a resource and mentor to colleagues with less experience.
- Explain difficult concepts and influences others. Collaborative with the project team to implement and control the project (e.g. status report, sponsor updates, team communications).
- Lead project management analyses to apply specific skills and knowledge to meet project requirements.
- Develop business cases for projects/programs and related budgetary documents. Monitor and control costs within work and project budget.
- Manage project/process teams including coordination of resources outside of own area using best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, plus 7 years of related project management experience.
- Experience in managing Substation related projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI or the ability to obtain one.
The offer of employment for this position will be conditioned upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
LaBella Associates does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting professionals or agencies, nor do we accept resumes from any source that does not reference a specific, open position. LaBella Associates will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resume submitted by recruiting professionals or agencies that do not have a current placement fee agreement with LaBella Associates. All initial communication with recruiting professionals or agencies must go through human resources.