Project Scientist - Natural Resources
BL Companies Inc
BL Companies is a 100% Employee Owned consulting firm with a career opportunity for a dynamic Natural Resource Scientist in our Canton, OH office.
We are looking to hire a Project Scientist with 3- 5 years of experience conducting natural resource projects. This position is based in Ohio, is more than 50% field work, and will provide opportunities to work in other locations in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest to support private and public development projects. This position offers exposure to an array of projects and abundant opportunities for professional growth and career development.
We are seeking motivated candidates who are interested in growing professionally and have a "roll up your sleeves" mentality.
- Conduct, review, and manage Federal and State wetland delineation projects
- Wetland function-value assessments
- Oversee project specific environmental permitting
- Manage, complete and review ecological assessments
- Participate in other related natural resource projects as they arise
- Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) or willing to be trained for this task.
- Overnight travel ~5 days per month
Keyword: Project Scientist - Natural Resources
- A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, or a related field
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to carry equipment up to 20-30 lbs for periods of time in the field with challenging terrain
- A Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or PWS in training designation or ability to obtain (preferred)
- A Certified Professional Soil Scientist designation or ability to obtain (preferred)
From: BL Companies Inc