Pangea Real Estate
Pangea Properties is a privately held real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Chicago. We specialize in the acquisition and renovation of distressed multifamily properties in lower-middle-income, underserved communities, where quality, affordable housing options are virtually nonexistent. Founded in 2008, our mission is to be the most respected and diversified real estate company through unparalleled dedication and results for our residents, partners, and ourselves. As a vertically integrated firm, we lead with operations but take a hands-on approach to real estate investment and property management, accomplishing our mission by incorporating data and technology with hyperlocal customer service to all units. In the past 12 years, our portfolio has grown to over 13,000 apartment units owned and operated in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Baltimore, and we continue to expand. We are proud to be a six-time winner of Chicago Tribune’s “Top Workplace” award.
Learn more about Pangea Properties here.
Please note that Applicants for the position of Property Manager Must Be Willing To Relocate to additional markets if necessary.
- Oversees one or more multi-family apartment complexes
- Is accountable for all income (rents) and expenses for buildings
- Leads, motivates, and manages onsite team including leasing agents
- Manage paperwork flow between prospective residents and corporate office
- Follow-up on maintenance / repair requests and ensure properties stays in excellent condition
- Address resident complaint phone calls and follow-up, ensuring continuing resident satisfaction
- Collect monthly rents and administer collection procedures when needed
- Audits apartment complex(es) to ensure high level of quality
- Successfully pass annual Section 8 unit screening to ensure continued revenue
- Perform routine drive/walk by of properties at various times throughout the day/night
- Treat tenants and property as if they were your own
Qualifications / Minimum Skills to Apply:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Mobile Communication
- Working knowledge of the Yardi property management platform
- 3+ years of property management experience. Multi-site management experience a plus
- Willingness to work flexible schedule as needed to show units
- Access to reliable automobile - REQUIRED
Compensation and Benefits:
- You’ll receive on-going training to help you learn the job.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long/Short-Term Disability benefits
- 401(K) with an outstanding company match program
- Three weeks of vacation and one week of sick time per year
- Healthy drinks/snacks daily
- Discount on apartment at any one of our properties
- Employee referral payment program